Lindenwood University will hold its inaugural Future Lion Day open house from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11.
The university holds a number of opportunities for smaller groups to tour the campus, meet their prospective future professors, see where they would live, and check out the facilities. This year, it was decided for a variety of exciting reasons to hold an open house, too.
“Our open house gives prospective students and their families an introduction to Lindenwood University,” said Terry Whittum, vice president for enrollment management. “Our guests will tour the campus and meet with faculty and current students, learn more about our academic programs and campus life.”
So far, the response has been strong with about 680 people signed up already for Future Lion Day.
Prospective students and their families will meet at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts for a chance to see what makes Lindenwood “like no other.”
While you’re here
- Visit with faculty, staff, and current students at the academic and activities fair.
- Hear from Lindenwood System President Michael D. Shonrock.
- Experience our beautiful campus through student-led tours.
- Learn more about the admissions process and financial aid.
- Enjoy free admission to the Lindenwood Lions football game as the Lions take on the University of Central Missouri Mules!
Here is the schedule of events:
- 9 to 10 a.m. – Registration/Academic and Activities Fair
- 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. – Welcome Session
- 10:30 a.m. to Noon – Campus Tours
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. – Admissions and Financial Aid Presentation
“This event will be a great first visit, but it should not be the only time a student visits our campus,” Whittum said. “We encourage all of our applicants to schedule an individual campus visit where they have an in-depth conversation with an admissions counselor or faculty member, visit a class, and spend time with one of our student ambassadors.”