The Community and Population Health Emphasis is designed for students majoring in public health who are preparing for careers in health promotion and disease prevention in health departments and community agencies.
This emphasis area consists of 120 credits.
Emphasis Area Courses Include:
- PHS 31500: Introduction to Community Organization & Structure
- PHS 31000: Introduction to the U.S. Healthcare System
- PHS 33200: Environmental Health
- PHS 35300: Health Communication
- PHS 37000: Health Promotion
- PHS 38700: Chronic Disease Prevention
- PHS 43000: Program Planning for Health Promotion & Prevention
- PHS 45000: Program Evaluation in Public Health
- See the course catalog for a complete list of emphasis area courses