The Communities and Aggregates Emphasis is designed for students majoring in public health who are preparing for careers in health promotion and disease prevention in health departments and community agencies.
This emphasis area consists of 120 credits.
Emphasis Area Courses Include:
- PHS 31500: Introduction to Community Organization & Structure
- PHS 31000: Introduction to the U.S. Healthcare System
- PHS 35300: Health Communication
- PHS 37000: Health Promotion
- PHS 35500: Introduction to Health Literacy
- PHS 33000: Eliminating Health Disparities
- PHS 43000: Program Planning for Health Promotion & Prevention
- See the course catalog for a complete list of emphasis area courses