The Journal of International and Global Studies is seeking articles that address today's global world. The Journal of International and Global Studies is an online open access journal that does not charge fees to authors for the submission, processing, editing, or production of essays or other content. In particular, the journal seeks high-quality, original work that is based on both theory and practice. We encourage submissions from all fields, but pay particular attention to anthropology, education, geography, history, international relations, international management, political science, religion, and sociology. Specifically, the journal seeks:
- Studies that critically examine (i.e., not just describe) global content, ideas, organizations, policies, or practices
- Studies that situate phenomena within their local, national, regional, or global context
- Studies that consider international and global phenomena historically and in the present
- Studies that are explicitly based in conceptual frameworks, representing one or more established, emerging, or grounded paradigms
- Studies that are based upon qualitative data, quantitative data, policy documents or other texts from existing scholarship
- Studies that explore major international and global issues
Materials submitted to the JIGS are peer reviewed on the following criteria: (1) use of a theoretical or conceptual framework, (2) acknowledgment of relevant literature, (3) originality in analysis, (4) appropriateness of methodological approach, (5) contribution to the advancement of knowledge, (6) use of a global perspective, and (7) clarity of expression.
Materials must be submitted four months prior to the publication date.
Click here for detailed journal submission guidelines.
Click here for detailed book manuscript submission guidelines.
Click here for detailed book review submission guidelines.