Skip to Main Content

Transfer International Undergraduate Students

In order to complete the application process and be considered for undergraduate admission, we request the following documents:

A. International Student Application. The application must be submitted along with a nonrefundable $ 100 application fee. International Application (Online)

B. Affidavit of Support. Please provide an official document or statement from your bank verifying the total amount of personal/family funds, in US dollars, that is available for tuition (personal cost) and educational expenses (books, insurance). All documents must be in English

C. Official Transcripts. Undergraduates must submit certified copies of high school transcripts and college transcripts. If the transcript is from a US school, the transcripts must be original and sent directly from the US institution. Transcripts must be in their original language and accompanied by a certified English translation. These documents will not be returned to you. They will become part of your official file at Lindenwood University. Students transferring from an overseas school with earned college level credits must submit their transcripts and translations to World Education Services(WES) for evaluation. For more detailed information on international transcript evaluation please visit our international transcript transfer page (

D. Housing Assignments: All students must submit a housing application and $200 housing deposit made payable to Lindenwood University. Students are asked to use StarRez- Residential Life Portal to make housing selections Housing will be assigned upon receipt of the housing application via the StarRez portal and deposit. The $200 housing deposit should not be submitted until the student has a confirmed Visa, as the deposit is non-refundable.

E. Transfer Procedure. If transferring from another university within the United States, forward the transfer paperwork found in the student application to your school's officials for processing. You can use this SEVIS record transfer form.

F. Letters of Recommendation. Undergraduate candidates must submit two letters of recommendation. Graduate candidates must submit three letters of recommendation. Letters from instructors or employment supervisors are preferred.
G. Personal Statement (Essay). Complete an essay concerning your education plans, for example, your essay may include why you wish to further your education, long-term goals you possess, or a special experience in your life.

H. Standardized test score. Lindenwood requires one of the following tests to be submitted for admission: TOEFL Score (minimum 61) ( IELTS Score (minimum of 5.5) OR ACT/SAT Score (20 ACT/ 1020 SAT reading and math). Transfer students from a US college or university with more than 56 credit hours are exempt from submitting these tests. The Lindenwood University code number is 6367.

I. Passport. Please provide a clear, readable copy of the identification page of your passport.


Please send all documents to:

Lindenwood University
Office of International Students and Scholars
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles , MO 63301-1695


Phone: (636) 949-4982
Fax: (636) 949-4108

All the steps in the Application Procedures must be completed before Lindenwood will issue an I-20 form. This requirement may be waived in certain instances, as determined by the Director of International Admission.

Notice of Availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

Lindenwood University is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety report is available on the Lindenwood University Office of Public Safety and Security website. 

If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Office of Public Safety & Security on the 4th floor of the Spellmann Campus Center or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (636) 949-4687.

The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Lindenwood Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Lindenwood; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.

This information is required by law and is provided by Office of Public Safety and Security.

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301