Lindenwood University

View Full HTML Version

Int'l - Required Documents

To complete the application process,
we request all of the following documents:

A. International Student Application. The application must be submitted along with a nonrefundable $ 100 application fee. Graduate applicants must enclose a copy of their resume along with their application. International Application (Online)

B. Affidavit of Support. Please provide an official document or statement from your bank verifying the total amount of personal/family funds, in US dollars, that is available for tuition (personal cost) and educational expenses (books, insurance). All documents must be in English.

C. Official Transcripts. Undergraduates must submit certified copies of high school transcripts and college transcripts. If the transcript is from a US school, the transcripts must be original and sent directly from the US institution. Graduate candidates must submit certified copies of college transcripts, which include evidence that a baccalaureate degree has been earned. Transcripts must be in their original language and accompanied by a certified English translation. These documents will not be returned to you. They will become part of your official file at Lindenwood University. The cost for the evaluation will be incurred by the applicant. However, once the applicant obtains a visa and arrives at Lindenwood University, the cost of the evaluation will be refunded, provided that the application brings in the receipt for the evaluation service.

Students from an overseas school with earned college level college credits must submit their transcripts and translations to World Evaluation Services (WES) for evaluation. Applicants should contact WES for more information about how to get transcripts evaluated (WES). Make sure to list Lindenwood University as the recipient-otherwise, Lindenwood will not be able to view the progress of your evaluation. WES will also provide a copy of the evaluation directly to the applicant. The applicant should keep this copy for their records.
By Postal Mail
World Education Services
PO Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
  By Express Courier
World Education Services
64 Beaver St, #146
New York, NY 10004

If transfer credit is requested from an overseas school, please submit your transcripts and translations to World Evaluation Services for evaluation. Please see the International Transcript Evaluation page for more information about how to get your transcripts evaluated.

D. Housing Application. All students must submit a housing application and $300 housing deposit made payable to Lindenwood University. Campus housing will be assigned upon receipt of the housing application and deposit. Please insure you include your email address on your housing form.

E. Transfer Procedure. If transferring from another university within the United States, forward the transfer paperwork found in the student application to your school's officials for processing. You can use this SEVIS record transfer form.

F. Letters of Recommendation. Undergraduate candidates must submit two letters of recommendation. Graduate candidates must submit three letters of recommendation. Letters from instructors or employment supervisors are preferred.
G. Personal Statement (Essay). Complete an essay concerning your education plans, for example, your essay may include why you wish to further your education, long-term goals you possess, or a special experience in your life.

H. Official TOEFL Score. For required scores see information here.  The Lindenwood University code number is 6367.

I. Passport. Please provide a clear, readable copy of the identification page of your passport.

J. Insurance. All students should be insured while studying in the United States . Students may carry any health insurance policy they choose, however, Lindenwood University does not provide any insurance for students.

Please send all documents to:

Lindenwood University
International Student Office
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles , MO 63301-1695
  Phone: (636) 949-4982
Fax: (636) 949-4108

All the steps in the Application Procedures must be completed before Lindenwood will issue an I-20 form. This requirement may be waived in certain instances, as determined by the Director of International Admission.

Copyright 1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Switchboard (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions (636) 949-4933