Lindenwood University

View Full HTML Version

Int'l - Visa Instructions


Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your intended stay in the US.

Before leaving for the US, make a photocopy of the page containing your photograph and passport number. If your passport is lost or stolen, this will make it easier to replace the passport. Keep the photocopy in a safe place, separately from your passport.

If your passport is lost or stolen, notify your embassy and the police immediately. For contact information of foreign embassies in the USA check the US Department of State Website.


Type: F-1 (Student Visa) : The F-1 visa is for full-time students enrolled in an academic program. F-1 students may stay in the US for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days. F-1 students must maintain a full-time course load and complete their studies by the expiration date listed on the I-20 form.

Lindenwood University can only accept an F-1 visa. For more information on how to get a visa to study in the United States, please go to the United States State Department’s Education USA website.

Maintaining a Visa Status : In order to maintain a F-1 student status a student must carry a full course of study - 12 credit hours for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours for graduate students, not transfer to a new school without authorization, and complete the full course of study in the time allotted for a particular program. Report a change of address, phone number, and/or email address to International Office. F-1 students may stay in the US for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days. The inverse of any of these criteria would cause a student to be out of status and subject to removal proceedings. Thus a student who works without authorization could be placed in removal proceedings. Please read carefully and keep for your reference. If you have any questions about your status or the regulations, please contact the International Student Center by phone (636) 949-4982, e-mail

I-901 : All international students must now pay a $200 service fee to SEVIS prior to their interview at the US Embassy in their home country. Students will not be able to obtain an interview without presenting a receipt indicating the fee has been paid. Listed below are the website and some passages from it that directly pertain to you. Please contact if you have any other questions.

Click Here For I-901 Instructions

Click here for I-901 FAQs

Copyright 1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Switchboard (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions (636) 949-4933