Lindenwood University

View Full HTML Version

Undergraduate Application Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What are the admissions requirements for a new freshman student?
A. A minimum high school cumulative GPA= 2.5
    A minimum ACT composite score= 20 or
    A minimum SAT (verbal + math) score= 940

Q. Does Lindenwood have specific high school math, foreign language requirements?
A. LU recommends at least 16 units of high school study in solid academic areas. A university preparatory curriculum is preferred. Therefore, a student’s high school record should reflect study of English for four years and two or three years each of natural science, mathematics, and social studies. LU also recommends two years of study in a foreign language as well as some study in the areas of fine and performing arts.

Q. Who do I call for an interview and campus tour?
A. The admissions office at 636-949-4949

Q. Where can I find additional information about student loans?
A. Visit Financial Aid for more information.

Q. How do I apply for federal student aid?

Q. Is there an early estimator if I’m not prepared to file the FAFSA form yet?
A. Yes, the net price calculator will serve as an early estimator to the FAFSA form.

Q. What is the Federal Lindenwood School Code for FAFSA?
A. 002480

Q. Who do I contact about payment plan options?
A. All tuition and fees are payable prior to the term beginning. Please consult your student account representative (listed below) in the Business Office regarding due dates or other payment arrangements prior to the beginning of the term. Your payment options include:

Direct Debit Payment (DDP): Lindenwood University offers Direct Debit Payment Plan. Payments are directly debited from a checking or savings account. There are no additional fees for this plan. If you are interested in a payment plan please call in advance so that a schedule can be mailed to you. Arrangements can be made through your student account representative.

Milos Vranic
Student Account Rep. - Undergrad. A-G
(636) 949-4967

Samantha Kissell
Student Account Rep. - Undergrad. H - O
(636) 949-4969

Sharon Beck
Student Account Rep. - Undergrad. P - Z
(636) 949-4968

Q. Who can I talk to about housing options and what I need to bring for my room?
A. The Director of Residential Life can be reached at (636) 949-4848; Visit Housing – Residential Life for more information. 

Q. Who can I contact about the Work & Learn Program?
A. The Work & Learn Director at 636-949-4563; Visit Work and Learn for more information.

Q. What is your day, undergraduate, St. Charles campus population; commuter and resident?
A. 4704 population; 3482 residents, 1222 commuters

Q. What is your student to teacher ratio?
A. 18:1

Q. Do I have to live on campus?
A. Living on campus is optional for general students.  Student athletes are required to stay on campus.

Q. What is the cost of tuition?
A. Visit our Tuition & Fees Page for more information.

Q. Does Lindenwood charge out of state tuition?
A. No, tuition, room, board, and fees are the same for in state vs. out of state students.

Q. How long has Lindenwood been accredited?
A. Lindenwood University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 1921.  Further information regarding regional accreditation and specific school accreditation can be found on our Accreditation page.

Q. What campus activities, sororities and fraternities does Lindenwood offer?
A. Visit the Student Life pages for more information.

Q. What are the deadlines?
A. Lindenwood University has a rolling admissions process.  Scholarships, class schedules, and housing is on a first come, first serve basis, so we do encourage students to apply early.

Copyright 1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Switchboard (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions (636) 949-4933