The semester is well underway, and I am excited about the newest developments in the Dance Department:
- We have constructed a Dance History (DAN 37300) course for dance majors that will involve an in-depth investigation into global contributions that led to the development of classical ballet up to the postmodern impulses, which help to shape dance as we see it today.
- Our Dance and Technology (DAN 37400) course helps students create an electronic portfolio of performance and choreography excerpts and assists with sound editing and projection design used to enhance choreographic works.
- Musical Theatre Dance (DAN 23000) focuses on styles and choreography used in professional musical theatre productions designed to prepare students for auditions.
- If you haven't done so already, check out the details for our annual trip to the American College Dance Festival Association conference.
- Please check out this year's visiting dance professionals.
- Ali Duffy arrives in January for a one week intensive with students who register for DAN 47003: Advanced Contemporary Repertoire.
Please be sure to plan ahead for registration for the spring semester. If you have any advising questions, please contact me or Prof. Tricia Zweier!
Chair, Dance Department
Catalogs and Schedules