Accelerated degrees are specifically designed for working adults who want to fast-track their education.
This makes it possible to finish your degree without taking time away from your family, work, or hobbies. In other words, sacrificing your life to earn your degree. By attending one-night-a-week classes and completing out-of-class assignments, you can earn your degree in as little as 18 months.
Practical Degrees for Working Adults
The accelerated degree program uses a quarterly twelve week format. Students meet as a class with their instructor once a week for four hours in the evening, and then complete additional assignments as homework. This allows students to attend classes that will not interfere with their work schedule. Classes are held at one of 12 convenient locations throughout the St. Louis area, including our St. Charles, MO and Belleville, IL campuses.
Benefits of the Accelerated Degree Program
The undergraduate and graduate degrees in this program include various in-demand majors such as business administration, MBA, information technology, human resource management, gerontology, health management/administration, communications, criminal justice, and MFA in writing. Our evening degree programs are designed for working adults and offer an accessible, condensed educational format that works with your busy lifestyle. The Accelerated Degree Program allows you to:
- Complete your degree using an expedited design. The quarterly format enables students to obtain an enhanced number of credits by meeting once a week in the evening, plus finishing out-of-class assignments. In some cases, students can earn degrees in only 18-24 months.
- Jump-start your education and your career. Our programs include challenging, faculty-led courses for in-demand undergraduate and graduate degrees from Lindenwood University that will help you advance your career.
- Participate in small classes with experienced faculty. Most class sizes have no more than a dozen students, offering an excellent opportunity for in-depth learning. Our faculty members are experienced instructors with real-world jobs, and you’ll be able to expand your business network by attending class with others in the same field.
- Earn an affordable degree in a supportive environment. We know the challenges that working adults face, and we realize that many students have not been in a school environment for years or even decades. We want to see you succeed—both now and after you’ve earned your degree. The Accelerated Degree Program offers advisors to guide you, free tutoring to complete coursework, and professional support in our Financial Aid Office to help navigate your financial aid choices.
This unique program allows you to fast-track your degree so that you can begin the next phase of your career. Call or contact us today to learn more about The School Accelerated Degree programs.
Get your degree. Keep your life.
Welcome to the School of Accelerated Degree Programs from Dr. Cindy Manjounes
Welcome to Lindenwood University’s School of Accelerated Degree Programs at the Belleville campus. We have proudly served adult students since 1975 in Missouri and since 2004 in Illinois. We currently offer 12 fully accredited degree programs with nine emphasis areas. We have a degree program to fit your interests!
The School of Accelerated Degree Programs is committed to continuous improvement. We are developing new courses and degree programs to give students more choices and greater flexibility to tailor an education that works best for their lifestyle.
We constantly review education and industry trends to identify the potential for new degree programs. We also look for ways to improve our services to students, like our Academic Success Center and Student and Resource and Counseling Center which help improve student learning and facilitate career planning services as well as offer free counseling services to our students.
We know it can be challenging for adults to earn a college degree because you juggle so many family, job, and community responsibilities. Our accelerated format makes it possible to earn a degree while managing the competing demands of your busy life.
Our accelerated format allows you to attend class one evening per week during which you will take a cluster of three related courses at one time taught by one highly qualified instructor. With our 12-week quarter terms, you can earn up to 36 semester credits per year and complete a bachelor’s degree in less than four years or a master’s degree in as little as 15 months.
We make our accelerated format even more accessible by offering courses at two convenient locations in Belleville and Collinsville, Ill. as well as at six other convenient locations in the St. Louis area.
Why should you consider earning a degree from the School of Accelerated Degree Programs? Earning a degree is a great way to gain new knowledge, skills, and abilities that will help you stay relevant while building your professional credentials.
Read about our programs, and I’ll bet you get excited about the learning possibilities in your future!
Yours in lifelong learning!
Cindy K. Manjounes, Ed.D, Ph.D, Campus Dean
The mission of the School of Accelerated Degree Programs within Lindenwood University is in alignment with the mission of the University.
- Using the Socratic method of learning.
- Providing a sound core in the liberal arts.
- Providing a structured, but wide-ranging approach in majors in business administration, communications, creative writing, criminal justice, health management, human resource management and information technology.
- Preparing students to be competitive in an increasingly global marketplace.
- Developing students' analytical and communication skills, with emphasis on both written and oral communication.
- Using a cluster format to serve the adult learner.
- Providing mentoring for every student.
- Developing an appreciation of the importance of continuing growth and education with an emphasis on values-centered thinking.