The School of Accelerated Degree Programs is an accelerated program in which students combine extensive self-directed study with a once-per-week class meeting earning nine semester hours of university credit in twelve weeks. Because of the accelerated format, students can expect a minimum of twenty hours of out-of-class work per week. The program often merges academic goals with practical knowledge applicable to the student’s workplace.
The goal of the adult-centered program is to establish the habit of life-long learning beyond degree completion. Upon entry, each student is assigned an academic advisor to guide the student to graduation. The student-advisor link remains critical throughout a student’s career. Accreditation policies require that students contact their faculty advisors on a quarterly basis.
Requisite Study in the Major
Requirements vary, but at least 54 semester hours in the major area are necessary for most degree programs, 50 percent of which (three clusters) must be taken at Lindenwood University. Some majors require prescribed areas of study to be covered. In other majors, requirements are more flexible and the program of study is developed by the student in consultation with the faculty advisor.
In addition to completing the work necessary to qualify for a baccalaureate degree, the student must meet the School of Accelerated Degree Programs graduation requirements within the scope of the specific degree program designed with the help of their academic advisor. The following are the overall requirements for graduation from the School of Accelerated Degree Programs with a baccalaureate degree:
- Successful completion of at least 120 semester hours.
- Successful completion of the general education requirements.
- Demonstration of a satisfactory knowledge of English in oral and written forms, as evaluated by the faculty advisor and instructor each term.
- Completion and approval of the capstone course.
- Completion of the last 24 semester hours of study within the Lindenwood University system.
- Forty two (42) semester hours must be upper division courses, numbered 30000 or above.
- Completion of at least 50 percent of the courses required for a major within the Lindenwood University system.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all courses taken within the Lindenwood University system, as well as in the student’s major.