Current Tutoring Schedule
Below is the current schedule for in-person tutoring in the Academic Success Center.
Academic Success Center Hours
- Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tutoring Schedule
How Tutoring Works
- Students can drop-in to the lab to meet with a tutor.
- Drop-in appointments are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students can also make appointments in advance to meet with a tutor.
- Students can contact the lab at (618) 239-6077 or BellevilleAcademicSuccess@lindenwood.edu.
- We ask that students bring their assignment/rubric with them to meet with a tutor. That enables our tutors to help students assess if they have met the goals of the assignment. Students need to bring a printed copy of their paper when they come in for a writing appointment.
- There are eleven computers available for use in the lab. Students are also encouraged to utilize assistance from the tutors while working on the computers.
- Writing tutors are here to give students feedback on their writing in a 30 - 60 minute interactive conversation.
- We can help students with the citation process (MLA and APA) and understanding format as well as assessing the cogency of their overall argument and developing their writing style.
- We work with students to bring out their voice within their work and help find where areas that may need to be polished.
- An additional set of eyes on one’s work is always helpful!