Skip to Main Content

Declining a Federal Direct Loan

Students will receive a refund of the FULL available credit on the tuition account.  The Financial Aid office will originate your Federal Direct student loan once your financial aid file is complete.  After the funds are received, from the Department of Education, the loan  will be credited to your tuition account.  If you would like to make changes to your financial aid award please submit a completed Loan Request Change form, for the appropriate academic year, to the Financial Aid office.

Declining a 2017-2018 Federal Direct Loan

If the financial aid award letter is accurate, sign and return Copy #1 to the Financial Aid office, and retain Copy #2 for your records.

The processing of a Loan Change Request form will begin once the submitted form is received by the Financial Aid office.  After your requested changes have been made, a revised financial aid award letter will be mailed to you and the changes will be visible from within your student portal.

Lindenwood University
2600 West Main Street
Belleville, IL 62226