Skip to Main Content

Undergraduate Admissions Instructions

1. Complete an application online or mail the application.

2. Send official high school and/or college & university transcripts. A copy of the student’s General Education Development (GED) transcript may be provided in lieu of the high school transcript. Transfer students who have successfully completed 24 credit hours for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree are not required to submit their high school transcript.

Unofficial transcripts may be faxed to the admissions office at (618) 239-6170 for preliminary evaluation but official copies are needed before being admitted into the university. You can use the Transcript Request Form to request your official transcripts to be sent to us.

3. Send ACT or SAT results. Lindenwood’s school codes are: ACT- 6888 and SAT- 6781. Transfer students with 24 or more hours of transferrable credits and applicants who have been out of high school for five or more years may not be required to furnish scores from standardized test although they are recommended. The Residual ACT is offered on campus, please contact us for details to sign up.

4. Send letters of recommendation and resumes are welcome and encouraged, but not required for admission. You can attach a personal resume indicating your community service, youth leadership, clubs, organizations, non-academic experiences and an essay. Your personal essay may include why you wish to further your education, your long-term goals, or a specific experience in your life.

All materials should be mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Day Admissions
Lindenwood University- Belleville
2600 West Main Street
Belleville, IL 62226

5. Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at, for those students applying for need based aid. The Lindenwood school code is 002480. Remember to hit print because that is what submits your application. Fax submission results to the attention of your admissions counselor at (618) 239-6170. Don't forget to sign and mail the signature page to FAFSA. If you have any questions about your Student Aid Report, please call (800) 433-3243. You can also view more details on our Financial Aid pages. 

Transfer Students

Lindenwood University accepts course credits from several community colleges that can be used to meet Lindenwood University's general education requirements for a Bachelor of Arts Degree or a Bachelor of Science Degree.

After your official transcripts have been sent to Admissions, please contact your admission counselor, to ask questions about your transfer credits or to verify if your course credits will transfer.

If you would like to schedule a visit with an admissions counselor or submit an application please contact the Admissions Office, via e-mail at or by phone at (618) 239-6047.

Lindenwood University
2600 West Main Street
Belleville, IL 62226