Built in 2014, the residence hall across West Main Street from the Belleville campus covers about 25,000 square feet and houses about 200 students.
Fred J. Kern Residence Hall (Freshman Residence Hall):
- Community bathrooms on each floor
- Air conditioned housing for freshmen
- 3 person rooms
- 3 spacious indoor lounges equipped with a microwave and recreation area
- First floor laundry facilities
- Lindenwood University-Belleville furnishes one XL bed frame and mattress, dresser or wardrobe, desk, and chair per student.
- The university also provides Wi-Fi, cable, and utilities (water, electric & gas).
Lindenwood University-Belleville is your new home, and we want to provide assistance whenever it is needed. If you have a maintenance issue, we will help get it resolved. All requests will be routed through maintenance personnel in the Campus Facilities Office. You can reach maintenance in the Campus Facilities Office Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday (housing only) 7:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org Any issues after the listed office hours or in the case of an emergency (fire/smoke alarm in residences, running or flooding water, open electrical circuits, and power outages), should be directed to Lindenwood Office of Public Safety and Security at (618) 978-9797. They will contact the on-call maintenance person, who will evaluate your problem. The Housing Office will also be notified, so we can track your problem and make sure it's resolved.
Visitation Pilot Program
Visitation within University residences must be managed with concern for personal safety, security, and consideration for the well being of all students. Visitation is a privilege that is granted by the University because it has faith in the students’ ability to be responsible. However, the privilege requires certain understandings, restrictions, and responsibilities. Violations of the regulations may result in immediate eviction and/or dismissal from the University and/or University housing. For the purposes of this policy, a visitor is defined as any person who does not reside in a particular residence and is 18 years of age or older.
Pilot Program Visitation Days and Hours
Visitation begins on the first day of the semester and ends on the last day of the semester.
Monday – Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Friday 12:00 p.m. through Sunday 12:00 a.m. (overnight visitation approved)
- Non-Lindenwood visitors under the age of 18 are not allowed.
- ALL visitors are required to be escorted by their Lindenwood host at all times. A violation will result in disciplinary sanctions.
- It is the responsibility of the host to ensure his or her visitors are aware of University policies and that those policies are followed.
- Each resident is approved to have only one overnight visitor at a time during the authorized hours of visitation.
- Visitors who are in violation of the policies will be asked to leave and the host could face disciplinary action.
- ALL overnight visitors must be approved by their roommate(s) prior to entering the student’s Lindenwood residence.
- All visitors must provide either a Lindenwood Student ID card or driver’s license (if non-Lindenwood student) upon request from any University faculty/staff member.
- Lindenwood holds the student host responsible for the visitor’s actions and behavior.
Roommate Bill of Rights
The Roommate Bill of Rights pertains to Lindenwood University and is a reminder to each resident that the enjoyment of life in a residence hall or house will depend, to a large extent, on the thoughtful consideration demonstrated by yourself and your roommates.