Institute for the Study of Economics and the Environment
The Institute for the Study of Economics and the Environment (ISEE) is a center of research and education in the School of Business and Entrepreneurship at Lindenwood University.
The ISEE, which is recognized as one of Missouri's top departments for economics research, was founded in 2002 with a focus on applying economic principles to environmental challenges. In addition to its longstanding attention to the natural environment, the ISEE has expanded its focus to includes the business and economic environment. As such, the mission of the ISEE is
“To assist policymakers and the public in understanding how the interactions of the government and private sectors affect the economic and natural environment of the St. Louis region and beyond.”
This mission is achieved through:
- A group of Research Fellows with expertise and experience in areas related to the ISEE mission.
- Timely analyses of important government data such as local unemployment and employment.
- Public and invited economic briefings to discuss local economic conditions and forecasts.
- Policy-oriented research on issues affecting the region’s economic and natural environment.
- A speaker series to present and discuss the views of prominent national and regional experts on issues regarding energy, the environment, taxes, education, etc., that affect the region’s economic and natural environment.