Located in the Spellmann Center the IMWD program utilizes two high-end computer classrooms. During class times students are instructed on some of the fastest computers on campus using the most recent versions of software applications by Adobe, Maxon, Corel, and others. These classrooms are utilized as open lab environments when not being used for instruction. The labs are staffed by work-n-learn students and typically are available evenings, nights, and during the weekend.
Non-Linear Editing Lab:
Lindenwood’s Non-Linear Editing Lab in the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts functions as both a classroom and a work area for students. 24 editing systems with 8-core processing run the latest 64-bit versions of Avid Media Composer and the Adobe Creative Suite. The lab and LUTV share 32 terabytes of networked shared media storage, enabling students to move from one workstation to another without needing to relocate projects or media files. Students also have the opportunity to work with Final Cut Pro in one of the Scheidegger Center’s two Macintosh labs.
Students working on field production for their cinema or television projects have access to a wide variety of high-quality production equipment that they can check out from Lindenwood’s Equipment Center. Lindenwood works to maintain a 4 to 1 camera to student ratio, meaning that all students enrolled in production courses should be able to check out cameras at least once per week. The available equipment includes:
- Over 60 high-definition cameras, including Panasonic AVCHD and P2 camcorders, HD DSLRs, GoPro pocket cameras, and digital cinema cameras by Blackmagic and RED.
- Tripods from Manfrotto, Sachtler, and O’Connor.
- Various camera cranes, dollies, and sliders from Portajib, Jimmy Jib, Kessler, Matthews, and Glidetrack
- Various Zeiss, Canon, Nikon, and Samyang prime and zoom lenses with matte boxes, filters, and follow-focus systems.
- Handheld microphones, shotgun microphones, and both wired and wireless lavalieres from Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and PSC.
- Audio recorders and mixers by Tascam, Shure, and PSC.
- Tungsten lights by Arri, Mole-Richardson, LTM, and Lowel; KinoFlo fluorescent fixtures; HMIs by Arri and CoolLights; and various LED lighting instruments.