This agreement is between Lindenwood and the individual listed above, who shall be retained by Lindenwood in the capacity of a Volunteer. As such, the volunteer shall be expected to perform any and all such duties and services as assigned by the aforementioned department. As well as to represent themselves and the University in an acceptable manner to the Community.
Please note: It is neither legal nor permissible for a regular or student worker to volunteer in a position in which they are currently employed.
This agreement shall be in effect until the agreed upon end date or in the event that either party decides to end the arrangement.
- Volunteers shall receive no compensation or remuneration of any kind for their services from the university or from the department in which the volunteer work is performed.
- Volunteers are expected to follow the same rules and regulations as Lindenwood employees.
- Volunteer coaches associated with NCAA sports shall comply with all NCAA and/or conference bylaws and regulations. As such, volunteer coaches are prohibited from contacting and evaluating prospective student athletes off campus until he or she passes the NCAA Coaches Certification Test. A volunteer coach’s services may be terminated immediately if they are found to be involved in a violation of any NCAA and/or conference bylaw or regulation.
- In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the Volunteer Program, (herein referred to as WORK, which is sanctioned by Lindenwood University (herein referred to as SPONSOR), I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, Lindenwood, its Board of Trustees, its officers, agents, volunteers, students, third parties, or employees (collectively referred to as (RELEASEES) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, unless specifically exempted herein, that may be sustained by me while participating in such WORK, travel to and from the work, or while on the premises owned or leased by RELEASEES, including injuries sustained as a result of the negligence and/or future negligence of releasees. I am able to participate in the Volunteer Program and I know of no medical, physical, or mental, reason why I should not participate.
- I am fully aware that there are inherent risks involved with the WORK, and I choose to voluntarily participate in said WORK with full knowledge that said WORK may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that is sustained by me as a result of participating in said WORK, including injuries sustained as a result of the negligence and/or future negligence of releasees, unless specifically exempted herein. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees for any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees that may occur as a result of my participation in said WORK, unless specifically exempted herein.
- I authorize university staff and other medical personnel to take any action deemed necessary in case of emergency medical situation. I understand that Releasees may not maintain insurance covering circumstances arising from my participation in the WORK or any event related to that participation. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance coverage and my personal insurance will be used when appropriate and applicable.
- It is my express intent that this document shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representatives, if I am deceased.
- All other terms notwithstanding, this document does not release, and expressly excludes from its terms, claims, liabilities, or cause of action which are non-releasable under State of Federal Laws, including, but not limited to, intentional torts, gross recklessness, gross negligence, fraud, or activities involving the public interest, depending on the jurisdiction.
- I understand that I am volunteering for the position and that I can expect no financial gain form this position.