Thank you for your interest in the Educational Specialist program at Lindenwood University. The 28-30 hour program is available in three tracks:
- The Educational Administration (Advanced Principal / Superintendent Certification) track is for educators who have completed initial certification in School Administration and wish to meet the DESE requirement for the Career Continuous Administrator Certificate and/or achieve superintendent certification.
- The School Administration (Initial Principal Certification) track is for educators who have a non-administrative Masters Degree and wish to acquire initial principal certification.
- The Instructional Leadership (Non-Certification) track offers three options; Instructional Leadership with emphasis in PK-12, Instructional Leadership with emphasis in K-5 Math Specialist, and Instructional Leadership with emphasis in K-12 Literacy Education Specialist.
- Instructional Leadership with an emphasis in PK-12 (Non-Certification)
The Instructional Leadership with an emphasis in PK-12 (Non-Certification) option is for anyone who wishes to maximize his or her instructional skills, including classroom teachers, curriculum writers, professional development individuals, and non-educators. This track also satisfies the DESE requirement for the Career Continuous Administrator Certificate, assuming initial certification in School Administration has been completed.
- Instructional Leadership with an emphasis in Mathematics Specialist Grades 1-6
The Education Specialist in Instructional Leadership with an emphasis in Mathematics Specialist Grades 1-6 is designed to train teacher leaders to provide support for elementary classroom teachers. Students will study mathematics concepts, teaching pedagogy, and leadership strategies in a program focused on four major content strands: Numbers and Operations; Geometry and Measurement; Algebraic Reasoning; and Data, Statistics, and Probability. The program will also provide valuable leadership training for the emphasis in Mathematics Specialist Grades 1-6.
- Instructional Leadership with emphasis in K-12 Literacy Education Specialist (Non-Certification)
The Educational Specialist in Instructional Leadership with an emphasis in K-12 Literacy was developed to train teacher leaders to provide support for elementary, middle, and high school reading specialists/literacy coaches, department chairs and classroom teachers. Candidates will prepare for the roles and responsibilities of effective faculty and staff development leader, supervisor of reading specialists/literacy coaches, curriculum coordinator, and administrative team member.
For more information about the Lindenwood University Educational Specialist program, contact:
St. Charles Campus
Dr. Deb Ayres
Dept. Chair, EdS
Extended Campus Sites
Southwest Missouri Campus
Dr. Terry Reid
Dr. Terry Wolfe