Board of Directors
  • Portal Login

  • Access Canvas
  • Student Guides
  • Instructor Guides
menu spacer Students menu spacer Parents menu spacer Military menu spacer Alumni menu spacer menu spacer
menu spacer Calendar menu spacer Directory menu spacer Social MediaSocial Media Options menu spacer Search menu spacer
Show/Hide Background
Financial Services
menu spacer

Financial Aid - Frequently Asked Questions


1. What is financial aid?
Financial aid refers to any federal and state aid, grants/scholarships and loans, available to students and/or their parents to help offset the cost of higher education.

2. I am a graduate student; will I qualify for federal aid?
The only federal aid you will be eligible for are student loans.

3. I am an undergraduate student working on my bachelor's degree; will I qualify for federal aid?

  • You must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (see below).
  • You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
  • You must be enrolled in at least 6 hours.
  • You must be officially admitted to Lindenwood University.

4. What are the steps I have to take to apply for financial aid?
There are several steps you must complete in order to apply for financial aid. Follow these steps and you will be on your way to completing the process.

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or renewal application at as early as possible to meet state aid deadline of April 1.
  • Complete the Entrance Interview form online.
  • Complete Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans online.

5. If a Stafford loan does not provide enough financing to meet my educational needs what else is available?
You many want to consider a Parent Plus Loan (parents of undergraduate students only) or an Alternative Loan (undergraduate and graduate students).

6. Why do I have to provide my parents information?
Even if a student's parents do not contribute money toward their education, students are considered a dependent of their parents unless:

  • They are 24 years old before January 1 of the year you are applying for financial aid.
  • They are an orphan or were a ward of the court until age 18.
  • They are a veteran.
  • They are a graduate student.
  • They are married.
  • They have legal dependent other than a spouse.
  • They are currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training.

7. If I have not completed my taxes what should I do?
You may estimate your tax amounts for now.  Once you have completed your tax forms, make any necessary corrections to the FAFSA at

8. What does it mean if I am selected for "verification"?
Lindenwood University's Financial Aid Office, in conjunction with the Department of Education participates in a quality assurance program. As part of this program we may ask students and their parents or spouse to provide copies of certain income documents such as federal tax returns, W-2 forms, verification of untaxed income, and Verification Worksheets. We use these documents in a process called verification where we compare income tax information and household size to the data you reported on the FAFSA. Without these forms being complete, we will not be able to process any Federal Aid (grants/scholarships or loans).

9. After applying for financial aid what do I do next?
Once you have completed all the proper paperwork needed for financial aid, you will receive a student aid award letter in the mail. The student aid award letter will indicate the aid that has been awarded. If the information is correct, sign, date and return student copy #1 to the financial aid office and keep student copy #2 for your records. If the information is incorrect, or you have questions, contact the financial aid office at at (636) 949-4923.

10. Who should I contact with questions about my financial aid?
The Financial Aid Office is available to answer questions pertaining to your financial aid. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.. You can stop by the office which is located in the lower level of Roemer Hall on the main campus or you can call us at (636) 949-4923. Please remember your advisor or instructor cannot answer questions pertaining to your financial aid.

menu spacer
Page Maintained by Financial Aid Email Feedback
menu spacer View as Printer Friendly menu spacer Share on Facebook menu spacer Share on Twitter menu spacer
A-Z Index  |  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  J. Scheidegger Center menu spacer 89.1 FM The Wood menu spacer LUTV
Copyright  1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Bookstore   Human Resources   Locations   Maps   News   Publications   Security
Switchboard  (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions  (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions  (636) 949-4933

Viewing Full HTML   |   View Mobile