Board of Directors
  • Portal Login

  • Access Canvas
  • Student Guides
  • Instructor Guides
menu spacer Students menu spacer Parents menu spacer Military menu spacer Alumni menu spacer menu spacer
menu spacer Calendar menu spacer Directory menu spacer Social MediaSocial Media Options menu spacer Search menu spacer
Show/Hide Background
Financial Services
menu spacer

Financial Aid - Withdrawal & Refund

Withdrawal & Refund Calculation

In the event that a student wishes to withdraw from a course or courses or from the University altogether, the following conditions apply with respect to the refund of tuition charges.

Any student who withdraws from the University prior to the beginning of a term is eligible for a refund of all payments for that term except the initial $300 housing deposit. Any student who withdraws from all of his or her courses after a term has begun is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges (including course-overload charges) for the courses he or she attended upon the start of the term. Refunds are granted according to the schedule below:

Time of Withdrawal from University Tuition Refund
During weeks 1 and 2 of term 75%
During week 3 of term 50%
During week 4 of term 25%
After week 4 of term No refund

Any part-time student (enrolled in 11 or fewer credit hours) who withdraws from one or more courses once a term has begun is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges for those courses according to the schedule in the table above.

Note that full-time students (enrolled in 12 to 18 credit hours) whose academic status is not affected by the withdrawal from a course or courses are not eligible for any refund of tuition for those courses.

Any student wishing to withdraw from Lindenwood University should submit a completed withdrawal form (with the signatures of the instructors for each of the courses the student attended and the signature of the student’s advisor) to the Academic Services Office, located in the lower level of Roemer Hall, between the hours of 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Fridays, or 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturdays.

Notes: (1) Calculations of the return of Title IV aid for withdrawals occurring during the first two weeks of a term will be based on the last date of attendance for the term in which the student withdraws. Students who initiate a withdrawal from the University after the first two weeks of the term will be eligible for a refund of Title IV aid based on the date that the withdrawal form was submitted to Academic Services.

(2) No refund for housing charges will be made for a term after the student signs either a New Student Housing Application or a Returning Student Housing Application. Application, activity, lab, miscellaneous fees, and room reservation deposits are nonrefundable, except as indicated under the Housing Deposit section of this catalog.

(3) Board charges are pro-rated on a weekly basis from the date of withdrawal.

Appeals of Refund Calculation

Appeals of withdrawal and refund calculations or other institutional charges from students and parents who feel that individual circumstances warrant exceptions from published policy should be addressed to the Chief Business Officer (CBO) located in Roemer Hall. In order to appeal a decision, the student must submit a written request to the CBO including any evidence that would substantiate the appeal.

Refund Distribution of Financial Aid

After the amount of the refund has been calculated, the Financial Aid Office will determine the Title IV refund amounts according to the calculation schedule approved by the US Department of Education. Refunds to specific Title IV programs will be made to the following programs in the order outlined:

  • Outstanding balances on FFEL Program Loans
    (Unsubsidized Stafford, Subsidized Stafford)
  • PLUS
  • Federal Pell Grant awards
  • Federal SEOG awards
  • Other Title IV student assistance
  • Other federal, state, private, or institutional aid
  • The student

No Title IV program may receive a portion of the federal refund amount if that program was not part of the student’s original package.

Cash Disbursements

When a student officially or unofficially withdraws from school and has received a cash disbursement for educational expenses that exceeds non-institutional costs of education up to that time, the student owes the excess amount to the Title IV program(s) which helped meet the student’s educational costs. Lindenwood University will follow the same procedures used in the refund policy to determine which Title IV program(s) will receive the student-owed repayment. The University will notify, bill, and collect the amount owed the Title IV program(s) from the student.

menu spacer
Page Maintained by Financial Aid Email Feedback
menu spacer View as Printer Friendly menu spacer Share on Facebook menu spacer Share on Twitter menu spacer
A-Z Index  |  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  J. Scheidegger Center menu spacer 89.1 FM The Wood menu spacer LUTV
Copyright  1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Bookstore   Human Resources   Locations   Maps   News   Publications   Security
Switchboard  (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions  (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions  (636) 949-4933

Viewing Full HTML   |   View Mobile