The Hammond Institute is a research center at Lindenwood University. Its mission is to foster free enterprise and civil and religious liberty through the examination of market-oriented approaches to economic and social issues. This mission is based on the view that a limited government, such as that laid out in the Constitutional foundation of the United States, is a necessary component of a just and prosperous society.
The Institute is directed by Dr. Howard Wall and comprises three focus centers:
Meet the people of the Hammond Institute.
Upcoming, New, and Recent Activities
- Newsletter: Go here to read about what we’ve been up to.
- New Policy Fellow: Missouri House Speaker Tim Jones will be joining the Hammond Institute as a Senior Policy Fellow.
- Entrepreneurship Symposium: Video Game Design and Entrepreneurship, November 19, 12-1. Presented by the Duree Center.
- Public Event: St. Louis in Black and White, November 7. Presented by the Liberty & Ethics Center.
- Business Blog: Beware of "Economic Impact" Studies, Streetscape Magazine, Nov/Dec. Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
- Public Event: St. Charles Rotary Club Ethics Panel, October 15. Presented by the Hammond Institute.
- Public Presentation: The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success, October 8, author and Bloomberg View columnist Megan McArdle. Presented by the Hammond Institute.
- Business Blog: The Seen and Unseen Effects of Economic Policies, Streetscape Magazine, Sept/Oct, Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
- Public Event: Lemonade Day with more than 200 participants, September 13. Organized by the Duree Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Research Publication: Personal-Bankruptcy Cycles, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Tom Garrett, CEE Senior Fellow, and Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
- Policy Research: Updated Estimates of the Effect of Earnings Taxes on City Growth, Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
See all activities