Greek Life Office (GA)
Type of Position: Graduate Assistant
Location: St. Charles
Starting Date: Summer/Fall 2015
Open Until Filled
Purpose of Position: This position will report to the Assistant Director of Student Life and Leadership/Greek Life. The Greek Life Graduate Assistant will work to ensure that the direction of the Greek community is consistent with the mission of the university while contributing to the overall quality of campus life. He/she will assist with the advancement of the Lindenwood Greek community, including Greek governing bodies and all recognized sororities and fraternities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Greek councils to provide guidance and support in their day-to-day operations
- Ensure that University policies and procedures are being followed within the councils
- Assist in the development of Greek Life leaders
- Assist with the planning and the management of Greek Life events such as: Fraternity Rush, Sorority Recruitment, Greek Week, Greek Olympics, and the Greek Gala
- Assist in the coordination of Greek Life education, including hosting a leadership workshop once a semester
- Assist in the collection and tracking of data of both potential and current members of Greek Life
- Assist in marketing and positive PR for Lindenwood Greek Life
- Be a positive role model to the Greek community
- Act as an unbiased member of the Greek community
- Promote Greek Unity
- Assist in the coordination of Greek Life education and administration
- Assist with advising Greek-related councils and committees to ensure that University policies and procedures and federal and state regulations are being followed
- Assist with outreach efforts to Lindenwood alums who were affiliated with Greek organizations while undergraduate students
Education Requirements: Must be a Lindenwood University graduate student. Student must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
Experience Requirements: Experience in management and Greek Life/organization preferred. This Graduate Assistant should gain experience in organization, supervising, willingness to work evenings and weekends, and membership in a social Greek organization is preferred but not required.
Hours/Days: 20hours per week. Some nights and weekends as needed for events.
Additional Notes: Submit resume and 3 recent letters of recommendation.