The nonprofit sector is a growing career field. The demands of nonprofit organizations have created a need for managers and leaders with specialized training and education. Nonprofit agencies require skilled and knowledgeable staff at all levels. LU equips graduate students with the skills necessary to succeed through a traditional master's program as well as a new 5-year BA/MA degree program
The NPA graduate program is designed to prepare graduate students to
No Nonprofit Experience Necessary
- be well educated in the ethical and better practices of nonprofit management, leadership, and governance,
- enhancing nonprofit management and leadership competencies,
- be managers and leaders in nonprofit community organization positions,
- be educated in the areas that organizations and financial donors deem necessary for effective agency leadership,
- further career development and advancement for those already in the nonprofit field.
Our students come from varied backgrounds, with and without previous experience in the nonprofit sector. The faculty provides individualized mentoring and academic advising that allows our students to tailor the program to specific learning goals and objectives.
The 37-hour master's degree program is designed to meet the needs of students by providing smaller classes in the evening, and grants for tuition may be available through the Lindenwood Office of Evening and Graduate Admissions.
for students completing the Nonprofit Administration Program:
- Fundraising and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
- Organizational Behavior for NP Organization
- NP Budgeting and Financial Management
- Marketing for NPOs
- Capstone Project
12 hours of elective coursework
must be completed to obtain the NPA Degree. Electives may come from any other degree program or from NPA electives available at Lindenwood University. The emphasis of elective coursework chosen by the student should reflect the areas of interest in the nonprofit world.
- Strategic Program Planning
- Special Topics in Nonprofit Administration
- Program & Organizational Evaluation
- Annual Giving & Special Events
- Major gifts, Corporate & Entrepreneurial Activities
- Capital, Endowed, and Planned Giving campaigns
- Volunteer Management
- How to start a nonprofit
- Problem Solving Case Analysis
- Research project
5-Year BA/MA Degree Program
Lindenwood University’s combined BA/MA degree program allows the full-time student to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in NPA in just five years. Students earn a Bachelor of Arts in Nonprofit Administration through Lindenwood’s Department of Nonprofit Administration, blending a top-quality curriculum centered around six core competencies with a strong liberal arts base. Because many first-year master’s degree requirements are completed during the student’s undergraduate years (and as soon as the junior year), the Master of Arts in Nonprofit Administration portion of the program can be completed in much less time than normally required to earn a master’s degree.
For more program information, contact:
Julie Turner, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair
of Nonprofit Administration
"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.