Left Bank Books welcomes bestselling authors Stephen & Owen King, who will discuss their new novel, Sleeping Beauties, followed by a Q&A!
October 1, 2017 | 7:00 PM
The Lindenwood Theater
In this spectacular father/son collaboration, Stephen King and Owen King tell the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men? In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep; they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If they are awakened, if the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent; and while they sleep they go to another place. One woman, however, the mysterious Evie, is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease. Is Evie a medical anomaly to be studied? Or is she a demon who must be slain? Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women's prison, Sleeping Beauties is a wildly provocative, gloriously absorbing collaboration between Stephen and Owen King.
– Limit four tickets per person. Ticket purchaser must be present with valid ID to receive their will call tickets at event.
– All seating is general admission.
– Ticket guarantees entry to the event as well as a hardcover edition of Sleeping Beauties.
– 400 attendees will receive signed copies, DISTRIBUTED AT RANDOM, so we wish you luck! All books (signed and unsigned) will be distributed at the end of the event.
– This event will NOT include a public book signing.
– Those who purchase a ticket and do not attend the event must pick up their copy of Sleeping Beauties or contact Left Bank Books to arrange for shipping within 60 days of the event.
Tickets for this event are NOT available at Lindenwood University's Scheidegger Center. Please visit Left Bank Books for more information.