Any graduate or undergraduate Lindenwood University student can submit an application to participate in the Student Research Symposium and Exposition (SRSE). Students will submit a web form application including a 250-word abstract describing their project. Individual and group submissions are welcome.
The deadline for student submissions has passed.
Important Submission Notes:
- We strongly recommend against using Internet Explorer. If possible, submit your application using Google Chrome. (Most computers on campus have this web browser installed.)
- Avoid using special symbols (e.g., the % symbol), mathematical notation, or Greek letters as these could result in a submission error.
- If your submission won't go through, try typing your abstract directly into the box or pasting the selection into the program "Notepad" (in Accessories for Windows) and then copying and pasting that version into the abstract field.
The submission form will ask you to submit a 250-word abstract describing the project.
- For scholarly projects, the abstract should define the scope of your research, your research methods, and the main claims resulting from this work.
- For creative or non-scholarly projects, the abstract should describe the nature of your project and define the main accomplishments achieved as a result of its completion.
Abstracts are expected to employ correct spelling and grammar usage. Abstracts with serious spelling or grammatical errors may not be considered. See the Information for Participants page for advice on writing an effective abstract.
Important Dates to Remember:
Monday, March 14, 2016: Deadline for Student Submissions (11:59 p.m.)
Friday, March 18, 2016: Accepted students will be notified by email. (Students whose projects have been denied will be notified as well.)
Wednesday, April 20, 2016: LU Student Research Symposium and Exposition (2-7 p.m.)
Awards will be distributed to the best undergraduate and graduate projects from each school.