A high percentage of crimes on campus are crimes of opportunity. Often, members of the campus contribute to crimes of opportunity by needlessly placing themselves or their property at risk. Crime has no boundaries; crime will occur. However, prevention efforts can be effective in reducing opportunities for criminal activity. Everyone plays a key role in crime prevention efforts at the University. Be aware of your surroundings and protective of your possessions and University property. Don’t give a criminal the opportunity to make you a victim.
- Always lock your office, even when you are away for a few minutes.
- If you have valuables stored in your office, do not leave them overnight.
- Never leave purses or other valuable items unattended
-- take them with you or lock them in a secure cabinet.
- Change you electronic passwords regularly to prevent hacking.
- Keep your desk and files locked when you are away.
- Never store money or valuables in your desk drawers or file cabinets.
- Contact the Public Safety and Security Office for all suspicious persons or activity in your building.
- When entering or exiting buildings, be aware of your surroundings and anything out of the ordinary.
- Report all losses to the Public Safety and Security Office immediately.
Notice of Availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Lindenwood University is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety report is available on the Lindenwood University Office of Public Safety and Security website.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Office of Public Safety & Security on the 4th floor of the Spellmann Campus Center or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (636) 949-4687.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Lindenwood Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Lindenwood; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by Office of Public Safety and Security.