Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

How am I assigned an advisor?

Stop by the ARCC office, Roemer 115 anytime Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., to discuss your assigned advisor.

Who can I contact if my faculty advisor does not advise over the summer?

We would be happy to advise you this summer if your main advisor is unavailable. Stop by Roemer 115, anytime Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 

We are here to help you.

How do I sign up for the Student Teaching course?

Students do not enroll themselves in the student teaching course. A mandatory meeting will be announced via email to the students with an accepted student teaching application. Students must attend this meeting to be enrolled.

How do I purchase Foliotek?

Access Foliotek though your Canvas account. It is important that you purchase Foliotek through CanvasFollow the  Purchasing Foliotek Guidelines to ensure that you purchase it correctly.

How do I apply for placements?

Apply for placements through Foliotek. Follow the Requesting Placements Guidelines to assist you in this process. 

When do I need to submit my Teacher Education and Student Teaching applications?

Teacher Education: Teacher Education applications should be submitted within your second year in the program and after completion of three Rationale & Reflections and EDU10000/50000, EDU11100/50000, EDU20200/50200 and EDU21501/51500

Student Teaching: Student teaching applications should be submitted the semester before you plan to student teach. Submit them in plenty of time before the due date as applications and placements take time to process. Please familiarize yourself with student teaching requirements so there are no unexpected surprises. 

How do I apply for graduation?

Students nearing the end of their degree program must complete the Application for Degree form in the Student Portal.

  • Login to your Student Portal and select “My Forms” from the “Administrative Services” tab in the left column.
  • Click “New Form” to start a new application for degree.
  • Fill in the required fields—remember the check boxes! If you do not see your degree in the dropdown box, please contact your advisor. Remember, your diploma will be printed using the name you fill in on this application.
  • When you click submit, the form will be send to your advisor for review. You will be notified via email if there are any issues with your application.

*The online application option closes about six months before each conferral date. If you missed your date, you will need to apply with a paper form with your advisor.

**Doctoral students cannot apply for their degree online; they must work with their advisor to submit a paper application.

How do I sign up for my certification tests (MOCA, MoGEA)?

Registration for the certification tests can be completed through the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments website at On this website you will register for the test, choose a testing location, and determine how scores will be received.

Where can I find the Teacher Education Checklist?

The Teacher Education Checklist will help guide you through the different steps of your program, outside of the specific classes you will be taking. The checklist can be found on page 27 of the Teacher Education Handbook

Where can I find study material for my certification tests?

We have a lot of study material for your certification exams. Please see our Student Resources and Workshops page for information on how you can get study material. 

How many times can I take my certification tests? What happens if I do not pass?

Currently there is no limit as to how many times the exam may be taken. If you do not pass, take advantage of Lindenwood's study materials and drop by the School of Education ARCC to help you with options.

When do I need to take my certification tests?

The MoGEA should be taken as soon as possible. It is recommended that this be taken during the first or second year in the program so that you can move forward with your acceptance into the Teacher Education Program. 

The MOCA should be taken a year before you plan to student teach. This will give you time to retake if you do not pass and make sure you have it done in plenty of time to apply for student teaching. 

How do I receive my certification?

Once all coursework and certification requirements have been met, you will work with the Certification Officer to help you through this process.

Please contact Dr. Tammy Moore for assistance.

Helpful Links

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301