Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

When is New Student Orientation 2021 and what will I be doing throughout the week?

New Student Orientation will take place August 17-22, 2021. Tuesday, August 17 and Wednesday, August 18 are Move-In Days for new students living in the residence halls and the following days are filled with New Student Orientation sessions and social events for both new students and their families. For a more detailed description of New Student Orientation events, please refer to the Schedule section of this website. 

How do I register for New Student Orientation?

Registration for New Student Orientation can be completed via EventBrite. All incoming students will receive an email from Eventbrite sent to their student email account. Students are asked to follow the instructions in this email to properly RSVP for New Student Orientation. Please remember to indicate how many family members will be attending New Student Orientation with you and purchase additional meals, if needed. 

Who should I contact if I have questions about New Student Orientation?

If you have questions about New Student Orientation, you may contact the First-Year Programs office at (636) 627-4587 or

Is New Student Orientation required?

New Student Orientation is required for all first-time freshmen. First-year students are all traditional undergraduate students who are attending college for the first-time and transfer students with less than 24 transferable credits who have not successfully completed a Freshmen Seminar course at their previous institution. First-year students includes all students who are currently enrolled in high school, regardless of the amount of college credit they have earned.

Transfer students are invited to attend either New Student Orientation or a condensed, shortened Transfer Orientation on Saturday, August 22, 2020. 

Do International Students need to attend both International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation?

We've been working over the past couple of years to link International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation. International students will receive their own specialized orientation schedule that includes many of the New Student Orientation events. To inquire about international student orientation, please contact the International Admissions office

How much does New Student Orientation cost?

New Student Orientation is completely free for all new students.

Are there New Student Orientation events specifically for parents, transfer students, commuter students, etc.?

Yes. Previous to and throughout New Student Orientation there will be family and supporter sessions that take place. There will also be parallel sessions for residents and commuters, and freshmen and transfer students, which address topics specific to each group. Refer to the Schedule page for more specific information about these sessions.

How do I find a job on campus?

Lindenwood University employs students through regular part-time and full-time jobs and through the Federal Work Study Program. Jobs are offered at 10, 15, and 20 hours per week for part-time workers and 40 hours per week for full-time workers. Wages vary by position and skill level. 

How do I register for or drop courses after the term has started?

Within the first week of a semester, a student may drop classes via the student portal without having to obtain the signature of a faculty member. Students wishing to withdraw from the University altogether must obtain the signatures of the instructors for each course they wish to drop. Check the catalog for deadline dates to withdrawal from classes. 

How do I report a disability?

Students can report a disability by contacting Student Success and Accessibility Coordinator Jeremy Keye at (636) 949-4510 or

What is a FAFSA?

A FAFSA is a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application must be completed in order to determine eligibility for federal and state aid. A student and parent can complete this process online

Students with questions regarding financial aid and/or their award letter may contact the Lindenwood University Student Financial Services office. 

How do I find my classes?

Campus tours will be offered during New Student Orientation and all new students will receive campus maps in their New Student Orientation packets and Student Handbooks. Peer Leaders will also be available to direct students to the correct locations.

What is the Student Health Center?

The Lindenwood University Student Health Center provides a variety of services to meet the needs of students. Students are seen by appointment except during walk-in clinic hours. The nurse practitioner sees acute illnesses and minor injuries. There is usually no cost for students to see a nurse practitioner. 

What is Student Involvement?

Student Involvement serves as a coordination center on campus and works with the Lindenwood Student Government Association (LSGA), Campus Activities Board (CAB), Fraternity & Sorority Life, student organizations, and Campus Recreation in facilitating their activities and projects.  

What services does the University Chaplain's office provide?

The Chaplain's Office organizes a mid-week chapel service for the Lindenwood community as well as a series of speakers and film discussions. Lindenwood's chaplain is also available to help students get connected with campus ministry organizations, provide pastoral counseling, and assist students looking for a place of worship. 

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301