Skip to Main Content

Apr 1

Updated Policies and Procedures

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Lindenwood University faculty and staff are working from home and all on-campus offices are closed to the public and university employees. Lindenwood personnel and offices are available for business by telephone and email to provide continuity in university operations and student support services. Please visit for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

When it comes to the financial aid process, so often we hear people ask "Where do I begin?" We are here to help and guide you through the process!

What is financial aid?

Financial aid refers to any federal and state aid, grants/scholarships and loans, available to students and/or their parents to help offset the cost of higher education.

What does "pending" and "awarded" status mean?

The status of your awards will show as "PENDING" until the funds are applied to your tuition account.

Once the funds have arrived at the university, usually at the beginning of each term, the status of your awards will change from "PENDING" to "AWARDED".

I am a graduate student; will I qualify for federal aid?

Graduate students are only eligible to receive federal unsubsidized loans.

I am a graduate student that has reached their lifetime aggregate loan limit. What other options are available?

The Direct PLUS Loan for Graduate/Professional Students as well as Private & Alternative Loan options are available. See Grad Plus Loan information and Private & Alternative Loan options.

I am an undergraduate student working on my bachelor's degree; will I qualify for federal aid?

  • You must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (see below).
  • You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
  • You must be enrolled in at least 6 hours.
  • You must be officially admitted to Lindenwood University.

What are the steps I have to take to apply for financial aid?

There are several steps you must complete in order to apply for financial aid. Follow these steps and you will be on your way to completing the process.

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or renewal application at as early as possible to meet the Access MO State Grant priority deadline of Feb. 1.
  • Complete the Entrance Interview form online.
  • Complete Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans online.

If a Stafford loan does not provide enough financing to meet my educational needs what else is available?

Parents of Lindenwood St. Charles students:
You many want to consider a Parent Plus loan, or an alternative loan.

Parents of Lindenwood Belleville students:
You may want to consider a Parent Plus loan or an alternative loan.

Why do I have to provide my parents information?

Even if a student's parents do not contribute money toward their education, students are considered a dependent of their parents unless:

  • They are 24 years old before January 1 of the year you are applying for financial aid.
  • They are an orphan or were a ward of the court until age 18.
  • They are a veteran.
  • They are a graduate student.
  • They are married.
  • They have legal dependent other than a spouse.
  • They are currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training.

If I have not completed my taxes what should I do?

You may estimate your tax amounts for now.  Once you have completed your tax forms, make any necessary corrections to the FAFSA at

What does it mean if I am selected for "verification"?

Lindenwood University's Student Financial Services Office, in conjunction with the Department of Education participates in a quality assurance program. As part of this program we may ask students and their parents or spouse to provide copies of certain income documents such as federal tax returns, W-2 forms, verification of untaxed income, and Verification Worksheets. We use these documents in a process called verification where we compare income tax information and household size to the data you reported on the FAFSA. Without these forms being complete, we will not be able to process any Federal Aid (grants/scholarships or loans).

After applying for Financial Aid what do I do next?

Once you have completed all the proper paperwork needed for financial aid, you will receive a Student Aid Award letter in the mail. The Student Aid award letter will indicate the aid that has been awarded. If the information is correct, sign, date and return student copy #1 to the Student Financial Services Office and keep student copy #2 for your records.

  • Questions can be directed to:
    • Lindenwood St. Charles – Student Financial Services Office: (636) 949-4923
    • Lindenwood Belleville    – Student Financial Services Office: (618) 239-6256 

Who should I contact with questions about my financial aid?

  • St. Charles Campus
    • Student Financial Services
      • M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
      • Spellmann Center
      • (636) 949-4923

  • Belleview Campus
    • Student Financial Services
      • M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
      • M113 – Old Main Hall
      • (618) 239-6256

Notice of Availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

Lindenwood University is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security and fire safety report is available on the Lindenwood University Office of Public Safety and Security website.

If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Office of Public Safety & Security on the 4th floor of the Spellmann Campus Center or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (636) 949-4687.

The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Lindenwood Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Lindenwood; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.

This information is required by law and is provided by Office of Public Safety and Security.

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301