The mission of the Lindenwood University Black Alumni Council (BAC) is to stimulate an interest in and advance the causes of Lindenwood University’s Black alumni and student communities, provide social and intellectual experiences for members, provide scholarships for Lindenwood University students, and assist the university in recruitment and retention of Black students.
Mr. Eric Rhone (’99) and Dr. Jenice Prather-Kinsey (’75) both independently approached Lindenwood University about starting an association for Black alumni. Their requests, coupled with the Black Student Union’s 10-Year Anniversary in 2017, generated numerous discussions about establishing this organization. Dr. Pernell Witherspoon, Dr. Shane Williamson (’14), and Ms. Cathy Hart ('03), all advisors to the Black Student Union, met with the appropriate university administrators to seek approval and support for the organization. The administration fully supported the creation of the BAC. The BAC was established in July 2017 as an Affinity Group under the Lindenwood University Alumni Association. The BAC was Lindenwood University's first Affinity group. Homecoming 2017 served as the Inaugural Black Alumni Council meeting.
- The Inaugural Meeting was held in October 2017 at the Lindenwood University President's House in St. Charles, MO. We had over 50 alums attend and we raised over $10,000.
- Happy Hours (2)
- Dirty Muggs - free concert on campus
- Participation in STLGivingDay
- Annual business meetings at homecoming
2017 - 2019 Charter Officers
- President - Mr. Eric Rhone ('99)
- Vice President - Dr. Jenice Prather-Kinsey ('75)
- Secretary - Dr. Shane Y. Williamson ('14)
- Treasurer - Cathy Hart ('03)