October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Protecting University data is one of the highest priorities for Lindenwood IT.
Did you know Lindenwood IT successfully blocks over one million spam or malicious emails a month? However, it will take all of us to ensure we have the safest online environment possible. October will be a month-long celebration of cyber security awareness, contests, and opportunities to meet and ask questions of the IT staff and faculty.
Do you think you've been a victim of a phishing or spoofing attempt? Don’t click it! Send it! During the month of October, send your phishy emails to PhishingAlerts@lindenwood.edu for chance to win a Starbucks gift card. A student and employee winner will be randomly selected each week during October. Submit as many attempts as you receive. Your submissions will be collected in the Lindenwood IT Phish Bowl to help make others aware of what phishing attempts look like. Our grand prize winner will receive a $25 Starbucks gift card. The grand prize winner will be announced on October 31.
Annual System-wide mandatory password change
During the first week of October you will receive a prompt to change your password.
Remember to create challenging passwords. Password phrases with a combination of letters and numbers typically make very strong passwords. For example:
Note: Do not use these passwords they are only examples.
Your Lindenwood password should;
- Be at least 10 characters
- Have no part of your first or last name
- And at least 3 of the following; upper case letter, lowercase letter, number or special character
Remember: Your new university password will allow you access to all the single sign on applications such as, Office 365 and Canvas.
Phishing Cake Celebration
Join us for cake and learn how to take a bite out of cybercrimes.
- St. Charles Campus on October 9 at LARC GROVE from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Belleville Campus on October 10 at Dixon Lobby from 2:30 - 4 p.m.
Cybersecurity Awareness Training
Learn about and how to avoid Malware, Phishing, Spoofing and Social Engineering attacks. Join us for this informative, fun and interactive 45-minute training. Visit training.lindenweb.us to register.
St. Charles Campus
- Friday, October 5 at 1 p.m. in LARC 345
- Tuesday, October 16 at 1 p.m. in LARC 309
- Thursday, October 4 at 2 p.m. in L2017
- Friday, October 26 at 11 a.m. in L116
Cyber Security Faculty Q&A
- Thursday, October 18 at 12 - 1 p.m. in Spellmann Center
- Friday, October 25 at 12 - 1 p.m. in Evans Commons