In honor of U.S. Senator Alan J. and Mrs. Joan Dixon, this endowed scholarship program has six unique scholarships. Each scholarship ranges from $1,000-$2,000 per year and has been established to support the higher education of students majoring in the following programs at Lindenwood University-Belleville:
- Business, qualifying programs: Bachelor of Arts or Science in Business Administration. Bachelor of Arts in Finance, Marketing, Sport Management and Accounting, and Master of Business Administration.
- Criminal justice, qualifying programs: Bachelor of Arts or Science in Criminal Justice, and Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration.
- Education, qualifying programs: Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies and Elementary Education, Master of Arts in Education
- Liberal Arts, qualifying programs: All the majors on campus qualify for this scholarship.
- Psychology, qualifying program: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Counseling, qualifying program: Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Candidate must be a permanent Illinois resident and meet Lindenwood University-Belleville admission standards.
- Candidate must apply as a full-time student. Undergraduate semester: 12 credit hours per semester, undergraduate quarter: 9 credit hours per semester, graduate semester or quarter: 9 credit hours per semester. Candidate must remain continuously enrolled earning a degree in the designated major.
- Participation in extracurricular activities and/or sports will be one of the criteria for the scholarship award.
- Candidate will receive no other institutional aid except as approved by the Dean of Admissions. Candidate should complete a financial aid application in order to assess the eligibility for federal and/or state grants.