In the event that a student wishes to withdraw from a course or courses or from the university altogether, the following conditions apply to the refund of tuition charges.
- Any student who withdraws from the university prior to the beginning of a term is eligible for a refund of all payments for that term except the initial $200 housing deposit.
- Any student who withdraws from all courses after a term has begun is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges (including course-overload charges) for those courses, according to the schedule below.
Fall and Spring Semester classes
Time of Withdrawal from University Tuition Refund Before first class meets 100% During weeks 1 and 2 of term 75% During week 3 of term 50% During week 4 of term 25% After week 4 of term No refund
Summer Semester (Undergraduates & Graduates)
Time of Withdrawal from University Tuition Refund Before first class meets 100% After the first class meets but before
20% of the academic period
50% From 20% to 25% of the academic period 25% After 25% of academic period No refund
- Any part-time semester student (enrolled in 11 or fewer credit hours) who withdraws from one or more courses after a term has begun is eligible for a refund of the tuition charges for those courses according to the schedule in the table above.
- Full-time undergraduate semester students (enrolled in 12 to 18 credit hours) whose full-time academic status is not affected by the withdrawal from a course or courses they have already attended are not eligible for any refund of tuition for the withdrawal from those courses.
Students wishing to withdraw from Lindenwood University-Belleville should submit a completed withdrawal form (with the signatures of the instructors for each of the courses the student attended and the signature of the student’s advisor) to the Office of Academic Services.
Notes: (1) Calculations of the return of Title IV aid for withdrawals occurring during the first two weeks of a term will be based on the last date of attendance for the term in which the student withdraws. Students who initiate a withdrawal from the university after the first two weeks of the term will be eligible for a refund of Title IV aid based on the date that the withdrawal form was submitted to Academic Services. A student who remains enrolled beyond the 60 percent point of the term will not be entitled to a return of Title IV aid.
(2) Any student who earns the grade of AF in all coursework within a term will be considered unofficially withdrawn for that term and will be subject to a Title IV refund calculation. Based on this calculation, a portion of Title IV aid may be unearned and required to be returned to the appropriate agency.
(3) No refund for residential charges will be made for a term after the student signs either a New Student Housing Application or a Returning Student Housing Application. Application, activity, lab, miscellaneous fees, and room reservation deposits are nonrefundable, except as indicated under the Housing Deposit section of this catalog.
Lindenwood University-Belleville appeals of withdrawal and refund calculations or other institutional charges from students and parents who feel that individual circumstances warrant exceptions from published policy should be addressed to the assistant vice president for the business office on the St. Charles campus. In order to appeal a decision, the student must submit a written request including any evidence that would substantiate the appeal.
Attn: Terry Kapeller
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301