The Office of Student Development aims to strengthen the campus community by promoting opportunities for intellectual, cultural, ethical, and spiritual transformation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Lindenwood University is proud of its diverse population of faculty, staff, and students from all corners of the world. We intentionally design our policies in such a manner that all stakeholders (whether students, employees, or visitors) will be treated respectfully, fairly, equitably, and with dignity and inclusiveness in the pursuit and achievement of the objectives of their relationship with the university.
Additionally, we strive to ensure the opportunities afforded by the university for learning, personal advancement, and employment are offered to all without discrimination and that we always provide a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for all students, employees, and visitors. Upholding a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion means that people of different cultures, races, colors, genders, ages, religions, orientations, affiliations, sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds, disabilities, or countries of origin shall not be mistreated or discriminated against on the basis of their differences. Therefore, all Lindenwood policies, facilities, resources, activities, and privileges, irrespective of individual differences, are made available and accessible to everyone in our campus community.
At Lindenwood University, we will strive to
- Offer collaborative and integrated academic, co-curricular and sporting programs that provide mutually beneficial experiences to our diverse body of students.
- Pursue and promote mutual understanding, respect, and cooperation among our students, teaching and non-teaching staff, contractors, suppliers, and visitors to our community who represent the aforementioned differences.
- Encourage and promote the empowerment and advancement of minority groups within our community through academic and social activities, offering activities of special interest to them, and affording them equal-opportunity integration within our community.
- Respect the knowledge, skills, and experiences that every person in our community brings to the university.
- Design and operate flexible and easily accessible services, facilities, and activities whose procedures appropriately recognize the needs of everyone in our community.
- Make every effort to ensure that our current and future contractual agreements and obligations fully reflect and embrace our commitment to the philosophy and culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as delineated in this statement.
- Encourage all faculty and staff members to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our community.
- Protect every member of our community against all forms of discrimination.
Policy of Non-Discrimination
Lindenwood University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, religion, disability, veteran status, or other protected status under applicable federal or state law. This policy extends to its admissions, employment, activities, treatment, educational programs, and services.
Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination. Any kind of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or retaliation is unacceptable. For the purpose of this policy, discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or retaliation may be defined as any attempt on the part of individuals, groups, or recognized campus organizations to deny an individual or group those rights, freedoms, or opportunities available to all members of the Lindenwood University community.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding Lindenwood University’s non-discrimination policies: Kelly Moyich, Title IX coordinator (636.255.2275 or Suite 221, LARC) and Dr. Suzy Jones, dean of students (618.239.6223). Rick Cavalier (618.239.6095 or email@example.com) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Lindenwood University’s disability services. Any person may also direct inquiries to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity Employer..