Skip to Main Content

Declining a Federal Direct Loan

The Student Financial Services office will maximize your eligibility and originate your Federal Direct student loan(s) once your financial aid award is complete.  After the funds are received, from the Department of Education, the loan(s) will be credited toward your tuition in your student billing account.  If you would like to reduce or cancel one or more of your federal student loans please email us at with your requested changes.


Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301