Human Resources

Student Employee Program

Student Employee Program

What is the Student Employee Program?

The Student Employee Office is dedicated to meeting the needs of the university as well as the needs of the students. Our students play an integral part in many university departments. In return for this service, student employees are given the opportunity to expand their knowledge base and build new skills. Currently, the student employee program employs about 300 students across the St. Charles campus.

What do student employees do?

The Student Employee Office offers Lindenwood students meaningful work experiences through a variety of positions across the St. Charles campus. Being a student employee is not only a great way to gain valuable work experience, but also helps to offset college expenses.

What are the requirements to be a student employee?

  1. Students being actively enrolled. Students must be enrolled for the current term or those seeking employment over the summer must be enrolled for the upcoming term (QTR or SEM).
  2. Students paying their balances. Students are required to make arrangements with the SFS office to pay their balances.
  3. Students must maintain good academic standing with the University and not be placed under academic probation or an University-issued sanction. 

What type of positions are available?

Full-Time Positions

There are several full-time positions available to both undergraduate and graduate students. These are noted under the status section of the job posting. Full-time positions are 40 hours per week. All full-time positions are provided employer-paid health insurance as well as paid time off.

Part-Time Positions

The part-time positions offered in the student employee program are between 10 and 20 hours per week.

Calendar Cycle Dates

All positions are based on the calendar cycle below which is aligned to the academic calendar. Students can begin work on or after the beginning date and work until the end date. Only 52-week positions work throughout the year.

Number of Weeks Calendar Cycle
Begins on the Monday two weeks prior to the start of the fall term and continues to Graduation
40 August 1 - May 31
52 July 1 - June 30

How do I get a student employee position?

  • Open student employee positions can be found by clicking on Student Employee Jobs above. See updates throughout the school year. 
  • All applications MUST include a resume and cover letter.

What happens after I apply?

Once an application is submitted, the hiring manager for a position will review each application and contact the best-qualified applicants over the phone or through email for a possible interview or for a job offer. Once the hiring manager sends a hire form to the Human Resources Department, the applicant will receive an email regarding the on-boarding process as well as information about a mandatory orientation date for the applicant to attend prior to starting his or her position.

What if I am an international student?

As an international student on an F-1 visa, you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week on campus. In order to start working, you will need to apply for a U.S social security number. Once you get hired into an on-campus position, you will need to visit the Office of International Students and Scholars to start the process of applying for a social security number. The process takes between 2 to 4 weeks. Please note that you cannot start working until you have a U.S social security number.