The Learning Academy is the hub for employee professional development at Lindenwood.
The Lindenwood Learning Academy’s mission is to provide for the professional and personal success and wellness of Lindenwood employees from the time of application through retirement. Our vision is that faculty and staff feel equipped and motivated to positively impact student learning and the student experience, and to pursue their full potential. Our development toolkits (coming soon!) will provide information on our development philosophy and the development process at Lindenwood.
The Learning Academy offers development within four broad areas: Knowledge and Skills, Compliance, Safety, and Wellness. We strive to support employees as they enhance their capabilities in various aspects of their roles like teaching and learning, service excellence, leadership and supervision, technology, advising and mentoring, curriculum and assessment, communication, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Annual Goal: 40 Hours of Professional Development
Are you currently working toward your annual goal of 40 hours of professional development? The Learning Academy wants to make it easier for you to track your hours. Watch this video to learn how to add your development activities to your Workday profile. Any event that you access and attend through the Learning Academy calendar, complete in SkillSoft, or finish in LinkedIn Learning will be applied automatically to your training profile in Workday. There is no need to add those, we will do that for you! However, if you complete a development activity on your own or attend a relevant conference, use the steps in the video to add that development to your profile and track your progress! Hours are accumulated and align with your respective performance evaluation period.
Staff hours are tracked from September 1 – August 30.
Faculty hours are tracked from January 23 – January 22.
Managers can view their teams’ progress toward goal with the Workday Report HCM My Teams Training Professional Development. Simply type this into the Workday search bar to view the report.
Please keep in mind:
- Managers are to use their best judgment on whether an employee’s submission is professional development. If it does not qualify, send it back to the employee with a note stating why.
- All training courses taken through SkillSoft and LinkedIn Learning will be automatically added to your Workday Profile.
- All training courses that are accessed through the Learning Academy Calendar will be automatically added to your Workday Profile.
- Multiple sessions should be submitted as one training submission with total time added together for the duration, and the last date of the training should be used as the completion date.
- No training should be submitted with the same title – if the training needs to be submitted separately, distinguish one from the other in the title so that they are different.
- If there is a department wide training series, please take attendance and send the training name, description, duration for each occurrence and who attended said occurrences, and final session date to Brittany Gutermuth, BGutermuth2@lindenwood.edu. She will add the training to each Workday profile, saving the manager and the employee time.
The Learning Log
The Learning Log is our monthly newsletter where we feature development content, learning opportunities and resources, recent events, Learning Academy highlights, and faculty and staff who are dedicated to developing professionally.
- Issue 14 - February 2021
- Issue 13 - January 2021
- Issue 12 - December 2020
- Issue 11 - November 2020
- Issue 10 - October 2020
- Issue 9 - September 2020
- Issue 8 - August 2020
- Issue 7 - July 2020
- Issue 6 - June 2020
- Issue 5 - May 2020
- Issue 4 - April 2020
- Issue 3 - March 2020
- Issue 2 - February 2020
- Issue 1 - January 2020