The purpose of the student spotlights is to provide faculty with insight into the experiences and needs of the diverse LU student body. These interviews give students a chance to share with LU professors about what their learning experiences are like, what facilitates their learning and success, and what hinders their learning and success.
After providing background information, the students answer general questions about the RISE pillars such as:
- In your opinion, what makes a course challenging? In general, do you like to have challenging courses?
- What makes a course inclusive? What makes you feel as if you belong in a course?
- How would you define instructor support in a course? What types of instructor support do you like to have in your courses?
- What makes a course engaging for you? How does course engagement impact your learning and persistence in the course?
The interviews conclude by asking students to answer one or both of the following questions:
- To be the best professors possible for you, what should your professors know about you that they might not think to ask?
- If you could tell your professors one thing they could do to create the best learning experience possible for you, what would it be and why?
If you could tell your professors 1 thing that they could do to create the best learning experience possible for you, what would it be and why?
2021-2022 RISE Student Spotlights
The following group of amazing students will provide student spotlight interviews the first year of the RISE Project.
RISE Student Spotlight: Heather and James
RISE Student Spotlight: Robby and Emery-Elias
MORE STUDENT SPOTLIGHTS COMING SOON!