As campus prepares for the Thanksgiving holiday and the conclusion of in-person classes for the fall semester, the University is sharing modifications for Spring 2021.
Spring 2021 Updates
- The spring semester will begin on Tuesday, January 19. This is pushed back one week from the original academic calendar.
- The first two weeks of lecture classes will be conducted in a remote format. Select courses require in-person participation which include performance studio classes and certain practical and laboratory classes.
- Spring Break has been removed from the spring semester schedule.
- There will be no classes on Good Friday, April 2.
- Final assessments will be held virtually May 3-7, and the semester will conclude as scheduled on May 7.
- As there are many unknowns with the pandemic, a decision will be made about spring commencement in early March.
- Students will be asked to complete the Return to Campus Pledge electronically in advance of the spring semester.
- Masks are required at all times for students and employees while on campus. Students requesting an accommodation for this policy should contact the Accessibility Program Manager before or during the first week of the semester.
- Physical distancing is always encouraged, and hand sanitizer is readily available in all buildings on campus.
- Thermometers have been provided to all residential students, and 15 self-check temperature stations are installed on campus for personal temperature monitoring.