For specific questions on degree conferral and commencement that are not answered below, please contact email@example.com.
Lindenwood has made the difficult decision to cancel all on-ground commencement ceremonies for May 2020. Currently, state and local ordinances prohibit gatherings of any size, and with no assurance that this prohibition will be lifted by May or early summer, students, parents, and the university are unable to plan and prepare for commencement ceremonies in the near future. Though it will not be the same, we will honor all our graduates virtually this spring. All students who are eligible to graduate this spring, summer, or fall are invited to participate in Lindenwood’s commencement exercises on December 11-12, 2020, held at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo.
Postponement of the commencement ceremony will not impact students’ degree conferral. Students who are on track to graduate following a spring 2020 term will still have their degrees awarded as planned at the end of March, June, or August, as appropriate. Degrees are typically conferred approximately one month after students complete coursework. For example, students who finish classes on May 8 should expect their degrees to be conferred by June 10. Following their degree conferral, students will receive an email from Academic Services to verify their name and shipping address for their diploma. Diplomas should then arrive by mail within eight weeks after the conferral date.
Below are answers to many of your questions regarding the December commencement ceremonies and your graduation regalia:
Dates of the December Ceremony
- The ceremonies will be held during the weekend of December 11-13, 2020, at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo. The University is still working with our venue to finalize the December ceremony times, but we will notify you as soon as we know when the ceremonies will be held.
What steps should I take if I wish to participate in the December commencement ceremony?
- If you were invited to the May ceremony in St. Charles or in Belleville, you will receive a survey in the next two weeks. This survey will be for March, May, June, and August graduates. We will invite all other 2020 graduates to the December ceremony through our standard invitation process.
- All graduates from our Belleville campus will also be invited to attend the December commencement ceremony in St. Charles, Mo.
- If you already ordered your regalia through Herff Jones and selected the home-ship option, you should have already received your cap and gown.
- If you already ordered your regalia through Herff Jones and selected the campus-ship option, we will be emailing you in the next two weeks to set up a free home-ship amendment. Shipping for graduation accessories (e.g., souvenir tassel, country stole, etc.) can also be amended.
- If you have not ordered your regalia yet, we will contact you in September to order your cap, gown, and any graduation accessories you would like.
- Your degree conferral date has not changed, so the graduation announcements you sent your loved ones should still be accurate. Unfortunately, if you have already sent your announcements for a spring ceremony, Herff Jones will not be able to replace your graduation announcements. You can purchase new announcements through Herff Jones if you would like to do so.
Travel for International Families
- If your family is traveling from outside the United States and requires new invitations for their visa applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will provide all eligible graduates with their cords for Latin Honors (e.g., magna cum laude), Veteran Honors, University Honors, and Community Service Honors at the December ceremony.
- If you will not be able to attend the December ceremony and would like to receive your honor cords, please contact Academic Services at AcademicServices@lindenwood.edu.
- If you are a student-athlete and unable to participate in the December graduation, please contact the following individuals regarding your athletic stole:
- If you are a May graduate and have completed the Elevate Leadership Certification program or are a member of the following organizations and are unable to participate in the December graduation, please contact Josh Gilliam (email@example.com) regarding receiving your cord/stole:
- Catholic Student Union
- 2019-2020 Lindenwood Student Government Executive or Senator
- Psi Chi
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
Hooding Ceremony for Doctoral Students
- Students who were planning to participate in the May Doctoral Hooding Ceremony will be invited to participate in the December Doctoral Hooding Ceremony the weekend of December 11-13, 2020. The exact date and time have not yet been determined. Questions may be directed to Dr. Bob Steffes (firstname.lastname@example.org).