LU IRB#: IRB-21-62
PI: Petey Mumford, PhD
Description of Study
The purpose of this study is to assess the ability of two different daily doses of phosphatidylserine or a single daily dose of paraxanthine to improve electronic gaming performance and impact changes in cognition, sleep quality, and stress.
Esports Performance and Innovation Center (Fieldhouse 110)
209 S Kingshighway St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
Number of Visits
Visits 1: 30 Minutes
Visits 2-4: 2.5-3 Hours Each
1st $500; 2nd $250; 3rd $125 (Direct Deposit)
Research Sample Needed
- 80 Healthy People
- 18 – 40 years of age.
- Self-reported history of playing video games for 5 or more hours per week for 6 months prior to screening.
- Body Mass Index less than 30 kg/m2.
- Outside of age range
- Does not meet gaming experience prior to study
- Body mass index is outside of posted inclusion range
- Noncompliance with protocol
- Women who are currently pregnant or are actively planning to become pregnant.
Are You Eligible?
Information provided here reflects current IRB approval for this research. However, this information may be subject to change and updated accordingly.
- Economic Education Center
- Esports Performance and Innovation Center (EPIC)
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Lab (EPNL)
Participate in Research
- A Pilot Study to Examine Changes in Resistance Training Adaptations After Leucine and Dileucine Ingestion
- Effect of a Novel Blend of Plant Protein and Additional Ingredients on Resistance Training Adaptations
- A Randomized Double-Blind Prospective Evaluation of the Cognitive Impacts of a Dietary Supplement in Healthy Adults
- Participate in Research
- The Hammond Institute for Free Enterprise
Center for Engaged Learning
- Career Services
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Arrow Rock
- Student Academic Showcase
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- First-Year Programs
Student Advising and Support Services (SASS)
- Academic Support Services