LU IRB#: IRB-22-66
PI: Petey Mumford, PhD
Description of Study
We are conducting this study to assess the effects of a single bout of exercise on video game play performance and mechanics in a Esports tournament setting.
Esports Performance and Innovation Center (Fieldhouse 110)
209 S Kingshighway St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
Number of Visits
Visits 1: 30 Minutes
Visits 2-3: 2 Hours Each
Tournament winners can win up to $100 (Direct Deposit)
Research Sample Needed
- 24 Healthy People
- High School Age to 35 years of age.
- Body Mass Index less than 30 kg/m2.
- Free of any known cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, or musculoskeletal ailments.
- Rocket League Rank of Gold 1 – Champion 3.
- Outside of age range.
- A cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, or musculoskeletal ailment that prevents them from exercise.
- Does not meet rocket league rank.
- Body mass index is outside of posted inclusion range.
- Noncompliance with exercise protocol.
Are You Eligible?
Information provided here reflects current IRB approval for this research. However, this information may be subject to change and updated accordingly.
- Economic Education Center
- Esports Performance and Innovation Center (EPIC)
Exercise and Performance Nutrition Lab (EPNL)
Participate in Research
- A Pilot Study to Examine Changes in Resistance Training Adaptations After Leucine and Dileucine Ingestion
- Effect of a Novel Blend of Plant Protein and Additional Ingredients on Resistance Training Adaptations
- A Randomized Double-Blind Prospective Evaluation of the Cognitive Impacts of a Dietary Supplement in Healthy Adults
- Participate in Research
- The Hammond Institute for Free Enterprise
Center for Engaged Learning
- Career Services
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Arrow Rock
- Student Academic Showcase
- Academic Services
- Accessibility Services
- First-Year Programs
Student Advising and Support Services (SASS)
- Academic Support Services