Skip to Main Content

Forms and Resources for International Students

In this section, you will find forms and resources for international students, including the OPT, CPT, I-20 forms, Driver License / State Identification Letter Request, and Tax Information.

OPT Form

Work Authorization Recommendation Request Form - Students are allowed a total of 12 months of employment at every degree level. Students with degrees in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) may be eligible for a 24- month extension of OPT.

CPT Form

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an authorized period of employment that is an integral or important part of a student’s curriculum.

I-20 Extension Form

Any F-1 student who has continually maintained status, is making normal progress and who has a compelling academic, medical or other reason for not completing the educational program by the completion date (#5) on the I-20 is eligible for a Program Extension. A "compelling reason" may include such things as a change of major or research topic, unexpected research problems, or a documented illness, which has interfered with full-time study.

Driver License / State Identification Letter Request

International Students needing to apply for a Missouri Driver License or State ID are required to first apply for a letter from the Office of International Students & Scholars.

Tax Information

If you are an international student in the U.S., you are required to file tax documentation (a tax return) each year with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You must do so even if you have not earned income in the U.S.

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301