Veterans Affairs

Veterans Affairs


Lindenwood University is a "Yellow Ribbon School."

Lindenwood University has a place for you!

Lindenwood University's Veterans Affairs Center is dedicated to veterans and active military members. Stop by and learn more about our degree programs. Relax in a comfortable setting while you're on campus. Our supportive staff members are dedicated to making your time at Lindenwood productive and enjoyable. 

You'll find us in the Library and Academic Resources Center (LARC), Room 018B. Take the elevator to the bottom floor and we are the office you see when the elevator doors open!

During your visit to the Veterans Affairs Center, learn more about:

  • Admissions processes and requirements
  • Degree program options
  • Course scheduling
  • VA requirements
  • ROTC options
  • Campus dining services
  • Fitness facilities
  • Library services
  • Remote access to student portals
  • Parking decals and student I.D. cards

Lindenwood University recognizes the sacrifice that our military men and women and their family members have made to our country. Therefore, we feel that it is our obligation to serve you in any way we can through advancing your education. Therefore, the center is here to assist the military students attending Lindenwood University, in all programs, using educational benefits under Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Assistance Programs in the pursuit of their educational goals.

Come see us!  Call (636) 627-2922 or email Nia Spencer. Veterans seeking help from the Bursar's Office should contact Kelly Ahne at (636) 949-4927.  

For admissions questions, please reach out to DeWitt White.

You may utilize the following benefits at Lindenwood

NOTE: We suggest that all students utilizing TA benefits need to speak with an Education Representative within their unit as well for additional guidance.


Veterans who believe they may be eligible for benefits can receive information and applications through the V.A. Certifying Official at the University. Educational assistance is also provided to widows or children of veterans who died in service or as a result of service related injuries. Spouses and children of disabled veterans are also eligible for assistance. It is the responsibility of the students to notify the V.A. Certifying Official of any changes in their class schedules.

The Registrar‘s Office promptly reports to the Veterans Administration when notified that a veteran is making unsatisfactory progress or has withdrawn from a class or from studies. Because of requirements imposed by the Veterans' Administration, and as a condition of being certified to receive benefits from the V.A., the student receiving such benefits acknowledges the following policies, which may differ from those required of other students at Lindenwood: The University will notify the V.A. of all terminations, interruptions, or changes in semester-hour load within 30 days. This may change the benefits available to the student.

The student accepts the responsibility of notifying the Registrar, the V.A. Certifying Official at the University, and his/ her advisor immediately in case of withdrawal from any course.

The student accepts the responsibility of notifying his/her instructors of any expected absence from class. A student may be withdrawn by the University for excessive absence.

Please note that withdrawing from classes may create a debt with your VA Debt Management that you will have to repay.

The Veterans Administration will be informed that progress is no longer satisfactory with the accumulation of 12 or more hours of F grades.

VA Post 9/11 GI Bill® Withdraw Calculations:

On January 5, 2021, the President signed the Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 into law (Public Law 116-315). The new law requires schools and training providers to be financially responsible, instead of the student, for benefits paid directly to an educational institution. This applies to tuition and fee payments and Yellow Ribbon program payments under the Post-9/11 GI Bill (including under the Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship), and to advance payment of benefits under the various GI Bill programs.

However, in accordance with section 1019 of Public Law 116-315, VA will not collect these debts from you. Rather, VA will collect these amounts from your school. In turn, your school may require you to pay any outstanding balance for tuition and may contact you regarding this debt. It is important that you work with your school to resolve this matter.

Note: Once tuition amount is determined by the VA the school will communicate what is due. Therefore with this change, the VA is now making the school and student responsible for the debt that is owed.