Skip to Main Content

Curricular Practical Training Work Authorization Recommendation Request Form

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an authorized period of employment that is an integral or important part of a student’s curriculum.

The CPT Qualifications:
1. The employment must be a requirement of the degree program. In this case, you may or may not receive academic credit. The CPT endorsement must be issued by The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) during the same academic term as the internship period.

2. In cases where the practical internship is not a requirement, the department must offer a CPT course for which the student receives academic credit. The CPT course must be offered during the same academic term as the internship period. Failure to enroll in and complete the class will result in a violation of your legal status.

Eligibility Criteria:
1. You must maintain valid F-1 D/S status.

2. You must have been enrolled full-time for at least one full academic year. Graduate students are exempt from this requirement if their degree program requires immediate participation in CPT.

3. You must have an employer for CPT. You cannot be self-employed.

4. The employment must clearly be related to your field of study.

5. Undergraduate students are not eligible for CPT until they have declared a major.
Your department must offer a specific CPT course during that academic term.

Academic Level

Training Information

Office of International Students and Scholars will contact you to set an appointment to complete the paperwork.

Please help us prevent spam by using the reCAPTCHA below.

Lindenwood University
209 S. Kingshighway
St. Charles, MO 63301