Pathways for IRB Review
The IRB reviews studies through several pathways:
- Exempt Research is minimal risk research which fits into one of the Exempt Categories outlined in 45 CFR 46.101. A researcher may not determine that a study is Exempt. Exempt Determinations are made by the IRB and appointed reviewers. Researchers are encouraged to consult with the IRB prior to submitting in IRBNet to ensure the correct application has been used. Download the Exempt Application.
- Expedited Research is minimal risk research which fits into one of the Expedited Categories outlined in 45 CFR 46.110. Download the Expedited Application.
- Research reviewed by Full Board Review is greater than minimal risk, or contains elements that preclude Expedited Review. Download the Full IRB Application.
- A Modification Form should be used to make any changes to an approved study. Changes to an approved study may not be implemented until approved by the IRB unless required to alleviate an immediate harm to a participant. Download the Modification/Amendment Application.
- A Study Closure Form must be submitted when all study procedures and analyses have been completed. Download the Study Closure Form.
Consent Forms and Materials
To select the correct Information Sheet or Consent Form, please see the Guidance for Selecting Lindenwood Consent Templates for assistance.
- Classroom Project Information Sheet
- Exempt Research Information Sheet
- Survey Information Sheet - Non-Identifiable
- Survey Consent Form - Identifiable
- Minor Assent Form
- Adult Consent Form
- Adult Consent on Behalf of Minor Form
This brief tutorial provides basic instructions for uploading a new application to IRBNet. If you have received correspondence from an IRB review and are not sure what to do, this tutorial from IRBNet will help guide you through the process of communicating in IRBNet and making revisions to applications.