Ready yourself for a career in the business world with a bachelor's degree or minor in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing or Sport Management from Lindenwood University-Belleville.
The Lindenwood Belleville Division of Business and Entrepreneurship offers:
- A broad array of undergraduate and graduate business degree programs.
- A strong academically credentialed faculty with real world experience.
- A private university with reasonable tuition and fees.
- A location conveniently situated just off of Interstate 255 in Belleville, Ill.
- Flexible and convenient class scheduling options.
- Attractive financial aid packages.
- A quick and convenient admissions process.
- A business education accredited by the HLC and ACBSP.
“The most important class I took was Principles of Marketing with Dr. Frazier. Even though I learned a lot about marketing, I learned more about myself in this class. Dr. Frazier's class was very challenging and it forced me to dig deep and push harder. I am very competitive so I accepted Dr. Frazier's challenge and turned it into success. There was a time where I was struggling in this class and it seemed like nothing was going my way. After several talks with Dr. Frazier, I quickly turned my struggles into success. Principles of Marketing challenged me to the point where it forced me to actually learn the material instead of just memorizing it for tests and quizzes. This material sticks with me to this day. In fact, if I had to retake any of the tests today, the outcome will be the same, if not better.”
De’Marcus Terry (’17)
B.A. in Business Administration
Our business division in Belleville is a full-service campus and offers opportunities for specialization in:
We distinguish our business division from our competitors through:
- Credentialed faculty with real world experience. We recruit professors who bring both academic and professional achievement to the classroom. As a result, all of our full-time faculty members have a doctoral degree in specialty fields — and significant, first-hand experience in the business world.
- Strong entrepreneurial emphasis. We believe that all successful businesses must be entrepreneurial and for that reason a significant portion of our curricula is devoted to the organization, financing and management of new business ventures.
- Extensive faculty-student interaction. We think the effectiveness of education is directly dependent on the quantity and quality of time our students spend with their professors. For that reason all of our classes are small to promote active student participation and all student advising is handled by full-time professors.
- Early student contact with the business world. We want our students to develop meaningful contacts with the business leaders of the world before they graduate. We bring guest speakers to our classrooms and provide internship and mentorship opportunities.
The Division of Business and Entrepreneurship is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Accreditation is important for Lindenwood stakeholders – students, employers, community, faculty and alumni. Accreditation will benefit:
- Students who expect a quality business education and that their degree will be recognized by potential employers and graduate schools.
- Employers who expect talented, motivated and well-educated young men and women to assume positions of responsibility and leadership.
- The community who benefits from the resources a high quality and effective school provides.
- A faculty who expects to provide the assurance of a quality education and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Alumni who expect the value of their degree to increase over time.
The rigorous review process of ACBSP accreditation provides a platform for continuous improvement and ACBSP standards provide the process for the Lindenwood Division of Business and Entrepreneurship to Build the Future of Business.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and the emphasis in International Business are new as of the 2017/2018 catalog. Consistent with routine accreditation standards, ACBSP requires new degree programs, majors or emphases must be in effect for at least two years and have graduates and follow the guidance in the process book before accreditation will be granted.
Set forth below, the mission of the ACBSP (acbsp.org/) accredited Division of Business and Entrepreneurship complements and expands upon the Lindenwood University mission statement. In furtherance of the University’s mission, the Division of Business and Entrepreneurship is committed to
- Providing a comprehensive core curriculum of business subjects.
- Instilling a strong and enduring sense of ethical business practices.
- Providing theoretical tools and analytical skills for lifelong use.
- Developing the student’s communication and presentation skills.
- Offering major fields of study to equip students for specialized careers.
- Providing opportunities to supplement classroom education with real world experience.
- Expanding the student’s geographical and cultural horizons for success in an increasingly global economy.
- Instilling the entrepreneurial model as an essential component of American free enterprise.
- Fostering the scholarship of teaching, application, integration, and discovery among its students and faculty.