Check back this fall for new programs and events!
Events sponsored by the Office of Student Life & Diversity, Center for Diversity and Inclusion, DEI Task Force, Student Involvement, Office of Admissions and Services for International Students, and the Lindenwood Learning Academy.
- MLK Week: Prayer Service, Speaker: “Diversity: Why it Matters”, Diversity Dialogues, Remembrance Service
- Women’s History Lunch: Postcards, Luncheon
- Pride Week: Drag Show (hosted by GSA), Movie Night: “Boy Erased”, Speaker: Sayer Johnson, Pride Rally
- Diversity Week: Movie Night, Sushi Bar, Comedian: Sydney Adeniyi, Henna Artists
- CDI Ribbon Cutting and MLK Awards
- Keep It Real and The Getting Real Series
- Black History Month: Mix & Mingle, Rock the Mic, Mind over Matter, Paint it Black, Speed Dating, Cultures Around the World, Don’t tough my Culture
- Multicultural Monday
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Kick-off, Mix & Mingle, Learn Basic Conversational Spanish
- International Festival
- World Kindness Day
- Coming Out Day Bingo
- Siblings Day
Diversity Dialogues and Panels
- "How African Americans Shaped Society from a Religious, Fashion, Criminal Justice, and Historical Perspective"
- "Gender Equity in Athletics"
- Second-Generation Holocaust Survivors (Panel)
- “How to be an Ally”
- “Cultural Sensitivity”
- “Politics and Religion: Separation of Church and State”
- “A Right or Wrong to Carry Guns on a College Campus?”
- “Mental Health Concerns for Diverse Populations on College Campuses”
- “Social Justice, Social Order, and Civil Rights”
- “The Student Perspective – Diversity at Lindenwood University”
- “Sexual Assault Awareness”
- “Opposition to LGBTQ Rights: Red States”
- "Disenfranchisement and Democracy: A discussion on voting rights, felons, activists and politics, and housing and representation”.
Workshops and Conferences
- "Improving an International Student's Experience through Cultural Diversity"
- Presenter: Amanda Schaller, Director, OASIS
- "Dis"abilities or Different Abilities?
- Presenter: Dr. Heather Pennington, Assistant Professor, Physical Education
- DEI Unconference: Practical Considerations of Equity and Inclusion on Campus
- Opening Session: President Porter and Dr. Peter Weitzel
- Workshop, Catch the Fire: Dr. Stephanie Afful and Cathy Hart
- Workshop, Syllabi and Grading through a DEI/Accessibility lens: A Practical Unconference Session: Dr. Melissa Ridley Elmes
- Workshop, University Resources: Kelly Moyich