At Lindenwood, we prioritize the security and privacy of our students, faculty, staff, and all members of our academic community. In today's digital world, protecting sensitive information and ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data is of utmost importance. This page serves as a resource to educate and inform our community about information security best practices, policies, and resources available at our university.
Our Commitment to Information Security
At Lindenwood, we are committed to maintaining a secure and reliable computing environment for all users. We strive to:
- Protect Confidentiality: Safeguarding sensitive information and ensuring it remains accessible only to authorized individuals.
- Ensure Integrity: Maintaining the accuracy and consistency of data by preventing unauthorized modifications or tampering.
- Preserve Availability: Ensuring that resources and services are consistently accessible to authorized users.
Information Security Services and Resources
We offer a range of services and resources to assist the university community in protecting their information and maintaining a secure computing environment. These include:
- Secure Network Infrastructure: Implementing robust network security measures, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems to protect against unauthorized access and malicious activities.
- Secure Authentication: Utilizing multi-factor authentication (MFA) mechanisms to enhance the security of user accounts and prevent unauthorized access.
- Data Protection and Encryption: Implementing encryption techniques and data protection policies to secure sensitive information both at rest and in transit.
- Incident Response: Maintaining a dedicated team to respond promptly to security incidents, investigate breaches, and take appropriate action to mitigate risks and protect affected individuals.
- Security Policies and Guidelines: Establishing comprehensive information security policies, guidelines, and standards to govern the use of university resources and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Security Audits and Assessments: Conduct regular security audits and assessments to identify vulnerabilities, address weaknesses, and enhance the overall security posture of our systems and infrastructure.
- Reporting Security Concerns: Providing channels to report security incidents, vulnerabilities, or suspicious activities to our dedicated security team for timely investigation and response.
Your Role in Information Security
Information security is a shared responsibility. As a member of the Lindenwood community, you play a vital role in maintaining a secure environment. We encourage you to:
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself updated on the latest security threats, and best practices.
- Practice Safe Computing: Adhere to safe computing practices such as using strong and unique passwords, regularly updating software, being cautious of phishing attempts, and avoiding suspicious websites or downloads.
- Protect Sensitive Data: Handle sensitive information with care, only share it with authorized individuals, and utilize encryption and secure storage options when necessary.
- Report Security Incidents: If you suspect a security incident or come across any vulnerabilities, promptly report them to our security team.
By working together, we can create a secure and trusted environment that promotes learning, collaboration, and innovation while protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information. Stay vigilant, stay secure!
For more information, resources, and assistance regarding information security at Lindenwood University, contact our Information Technology Help Desk at email@example.com.