The 2016-2017 Speakers Series has been announced for Lindenwood University-Belleville. The goal of the Speaker Series is to bring accomplished and knowledgeable individuals to Lindenwood Belleville so that students, faculty, and the surrounding community can be exposed to a broad range of contemporary topics and events. The Speaker Series is intended to inform, educate, and inspire those who attend to pursue personal and academic excellence as citizens of a global community.
Information about each session is as follows:
- Che “Rhymefest” Smith, award-winning hip-hop artist and humanitarian will deliver “Hip Hop for Humanity” at 7 p.m. on Sept. 28, 2016 in the Lindenwood Auditorium.
- Ambassador Dr. Robin Sanders, former U.S. diplomat to Nigeria, will deliver “U.S. Policy Toward Africa: Why it is Important & The Sustainable Development Goals Key to Its Progress” at 7 p.m. on October 13 in the Lindenwood Auditorium.
- Stuart Diamond, Internet entrepreneur, journalist, and musician will speak at 7 p.m. on November 17 in the Lindenwood Auditorium.
- Callie Crossley, television and radio commentator, documentary and TV news producer will speak at 7 p.m. on February 8, 2017 in the Lindenwood Auditorium.
- Candice DeLong, retired FBI profiler and author will deliver “Special Agent: My Life on the Front Lines as a Woman in the FBI” at 7 p.m. on March 8, 2017 in the Lindenwood Auditorium.
All events are free and open to the public.